• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Grass Snake 🐍 in the garden

Your babies must smell so good already! 😍

Myself, for basil, I plant about 3 seeds in a little pot if about 5 x 5 centimeter. I space them put evenly. I just let them grow in there till they look big enough to move into something bigger. Then I take about 4 if these little pots with three seedlings each and plant them all in a bigger pot with a diameter of about 40 centimeters. This gives me enough plants to keep harvesting basil throughout summer. I usually keep three or four of these big pots.

I have no idea about the other two. I don't think I've heard of lemon bee (?) and oregano is just always there in my garden.
Thanks for the basil tips. Sounds like I need to start a couple more. I had some kind of oregano in the garden that usually came back but I accidentally dug it up amending the bed so this guy will be its replacement. You never heard of lemon bee balm? Bee balm is popular here for attracting pollinators and making tea. The bee balm was a freebie with the roselle I recently ordered.

I wouldn't separate them, just plant, or pot them on, as is and start off new ones.
For basil I sprinkle a load of seeds in several large pots and just keep cropping.
Oregano will take over everything - as you're probably aware
And bee balm grows in clumps anyway

A little progress made today. I put up a trellis for the Thai Soldier beans and filled 4 empty planters. The soil mix for the planters came out so much better than what went into the 2 raised beds. It was a little more expensive but worth the extra cost.

E20639AB-90BF-425B-A397-68AED2B81896.jpeg

ECF3D5D6-FACF-4380-9B8E-3EF1F40CF358.jpeg
74F02E01-91A3-4B62-9710-C30000670A2E.jpeg
A007D99E-6B1E-42D8-97CC-98F14BA4D2BB.jpeg

3C6C299E-C9A7-4A1B-97AC-910BEFAF98E6.jpeg

Attachments

• 2E7854D3-69E8-4551-8BE3-2B2C0D6AFC4A.jpeg
    2E7854D3-69E8-4551-8BE3-2B2C0D6AFC4A.jpeg
    309.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Looking good!

I have some Thai soldier beans that I want to try for the first time this year. Still need to wait a few months for the temperature to rise. Hope I'll get them going overhere. Have you had experience with them before?

Looking good!

I have some Thai soldier beans that I want to try for the first time this year. Still need to wait a few months for the temperature to rise. Hope I'll get them going overhere. Have you had experience with them before?
No first time for me as well. It should be fairly easy to grow from what I read.

Good to know, I'll give it go. It looks like a weed I'd pull from the garden.

They were an easy crop in 🇪🇺. I sowed them in modules (3-4 plants/module) and transplanted them to the garden when the seedlings were big enough. This reference recommends 3 plants per clump for oriental leaves.

They have a strong taste and combine well with some homegrown maters, especially the ones with acid taste (personal opinion).

Last edited:
Back