Green eggs under leaves?! How to get rid of them

Today I decided to go outside and check how my peppers are doing. I looked under the leaves and I noticed that a lot of the leaves has what looks to be a small light green egg. What is it? Is it harmful? How can I get rid of them organically if they are. 

Here are some pictures 
tttVWGp.jpg

qRQplN1.jpg

on5bRTg.jpg

I don't know what kind of eggs those are, maybe hornworm? If you spray them with a hose you can knock them off, or you can squish them with your fingers. Someone else will come on and recommend a pesticide solution soon I'm sure, if you want to go that route.

Indeed they do look like hornworm eggs. I removed a couple of them. Time to go picking lol. 

I just read this from a website:
"Keep wasps around; they're "good" insects which feed on hornworms and act as a biological control."
I didn't know that I was thinking about getting rid of them soon. My house is full of wasps. 

Last weekend I saw some hornworms being shredded by a regular wasp and also a yellow jacket.  The debris from the encounter was strewn all over the tomato plant.  Last season I had some of those parasitic wasp larvaes attached to a hornworm.  We've had some decent rain lately so I've been picking a  lot of hornworm's off the tomato's.  They always show up after rains it seems.  So far none have been on the peppers.  They definately got to my peppers last year.

Smash em!

I wasn't able to find any worms which was weird. I did find a lot of eggs and smashed them. Hopefully they will be gone. I'm going to spray neptunes harvest fish emulsion and seaweed and see how it goes. 

Back