• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Green Pepper?

I'd like to grow a really tasty "green chili" pepper.  For this pepper I'm not really looking for hot, just yummy!  Looking for something similar to what "SmashBurger" uses, or even Hatch Green Chili like.  Anyone have any ideas on either a specific name or even better a specific seed source?

. . . even Hatch Green .  . .

Anaheim/Hatch/New Mexico . . . you should find those fresh in a market.  Save the seeds if you like the pods' flavour.  Could be an easy, local starting point, at least.

I'm growing more sweets and low-heats than I have before, both to be able to consume mass quantities and to have blending components to pair with hots.

A heatless jalapeño variety—e.g., Felicity, Fooled You—could be another possibility. 

A few years ago, a plant grown from hot jalapeño seed somehow managed to produce only heatless jalapeños.  That was a surprise.  I don't recall the pods being wildly delicious, and I didn't save seeds.

you would be surprised how many countries never let their peppers redden and eat the pods green. not only oriental types but caribbean types as well. i had some green/red scotch bonnets and they were marvelous for flavour, gave up on a bit of the heat value the sweetness was there.

Back