• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Green Scorp?

Hey guys just got my hands on some green scorp seed but i cant find much info on them? Hoping that out there a few of you have grown these and can give me some info on them? Do they stay green? Do they grow like the rest of the scorps? Anything else i just might need to know?

Original source was Junglerain. Interesting looking plant,but not good for anything other than looking at. Only a small handful of green peppers so it is cool for the novelty. They turn bronze when ripe.
100912230442.jpg

100912230408.jpg

Taste? Heat?  Hmmmmmm I have this on my list for ordering this year but if it' no good then it's not worth it.  Anybody got any more info on this purdy lil thang?

Apparently more than was in the original posts!

Which is why I asked about heat and taste!  Simple answers are always best, no need to get uppity.

"Starts and remains green with a little bit of bronze when ripe. Nice stingers too. Not a superhot, but has some heat. Maybe about a 7 on a 10-point scale. Very productive." that's from Midwest Chileheads.

Anyway so it would appear that this is a different thing to this: http://www.chili-pepper.ch/index.php/chilishop/product/view/15/6666715

They look the same to me. But the ones I got had no heat. If you watch my video I ate the whole pod. Didn't struggle And I don't usually eat whole pods. In this case I did because I wanted to make sure. You can also look at my face and see the reaction to the bad taste. Also mentioned bitterness with some hint of fruity. Maybe that was just me. As P-son mentioned. Grown more as a novelty as it had no heat. Or distinct flavor

RobStar said:
Apparently more than was in the original posts!

Which is why I asked about heat and taste!  Simple answers are always best, no need to get uppity.

"Starts and remains green with a little bit of bronze when ripe. Nice stingers too. Not a superhot, but has some heat. Maybe about a 7 on a 10-point scale. Very productive." that's from Midwest Chileheads.

Anyway so it would appear that this is a different thing to this: http://www.chili-pepper.ch/index.php/chilishop/product/view/15/6666715
A video review,pictures of ripening stages,and a cross section,creator,heat and flavor. I figured that was a fair amount of info,not being uppity. I would not purchase them! If you need seeds,I will send you as many as you have room to grow.

Thank you all guys for the info, very helpful. i was kinda excited thinking it was going to be something like a reg scorp just green, guess i couldnt have been much more wrong. lol You guys just saved me from planting a bunch and taking up all the space i have for this season :) 

Pr0digal_son said:
A video review,pictures of ripening stages,and a cross section,creator,heat and flavor. I figured that was a fair amount of info,not being uppity. I would not purchase them! If you need seeds,I will send you as many as you have room to grow.

Thanks dude!  My apology - I just went and read everything properly now!  Bad day yesterday - first day back in office after a break.

I wonder if it is the same thing as per the link - I know everybody likes to rename things when they have even the slightest variation showing - but surely they cant screw up that bad on heat.  

Thanks for the offer - I respectfully decline!

Cheers

Green scorpion/mustard scorpion. I think it`s the same plant/pod. I have a couple of them for this year and they grow like regular scorpions, in my very limited experience. I`m going to leave the pods on mine as long as I can, to see how the flavour and heat develop and give them a good chance. 

Back