• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Green Shrimp Curry

Done with Thanksgiving . . . on with a nice shrimp curry:

DSC_1090.JPG

DSC_1091.JPG

DSC_1092.JPG

DSC_1097.JPG

DSC_1098.JPG

DSC_1100.JPG

LOL. I've never seen the inside when raw, I guess, is what it is. I've never had sweet potato prepared any way besides baked or in a casserole, that I can recall ...

Cool.

Looks great.

Buddy you rock brother!! Another delicious looking meal. Matter of fact I'm ordering curry now.
Would love to make my own but only supplies I've got are for Turkey Gumbo. So I'm calling for Thai :)

BigB said:
If you grow thai or purple basil, that's a great addition. I'd also say chopped kaffir lime leaf too but that's not always easy to find. luckily i grow my own, if you ever need me to mail you some leaves let me know! lol
thanks . . . I've never been able to find kaffir lime leaves locally . . . not even at the asian grocery store.

yea they're tough to find. and unless you have a source that grows it local (doubtful in illinois) it's always frozen and loses some of its aromatics

Thanks buddy, I've been wanting to try Thai food for a while but haven't got brave enough to try. This could be the one. I've had a Kaffir lime for a couple of years. Need to put it to use. How much fish sauce do you use? And with how much coconut milk? Any other directions on how to do it would be appreciated.

kentishman said:
Thanks buddy, I've been wanting to try Thai food for a while but haven't got brave enough to try. This could be the one. I've had a Kaffir lime for a couple of years. Need to put it to use. How much fish sauce do you use? And with how much coconut milk? Any other directions on how to do it would be appreciated.
  • Heat some vegetable oil in a frying pan
  • Add curry paste (I use almost an entire 4 ounce jar) and stir fry for about a minute
  • Stir in 1/2 can of the coconut milk until well blended, bring to boil
  • Add shrimp and cook until shrimp are pink
  • Add about 1/4 can chicken stock and whatever vegetables that you are going to use (I change them around depending on what I'm in the mood for or what I have laying around)
  • Cook until vegetables are tender
  • Add remaining 1/2 can of coconut milk, 2 teaspoons turbinado sugar (you can probably use brown or white sugar),4 teaspoons fish sauce 
  • Bring to simmer
  • Add cilantro (the kaffir lime leaves would be added at this point if you have them) or basil.
  • Simmer another minute or two
  • Serve.

Back