Greetings and Salutations from Indianapolis, IN

Hello all!

I've always loved hot sauces and have kept about 20 different ones in the fridge most of the time.

I finally decided to start looking into collecting them as a hobby. The final straw was getting a bottle of 357 Mad Dog Hot Sauce Collectors Edition.

The hottest sauce I had up until that time was Dave's Insanity. I didn't think there was anything hotter than that until I decided to deposit about a quarter sized dollup on a tortilla chip. WOW....is all I can say. Hottest stuff I've had, decided to do it again as part of my suffering when my U of Miami Canes lost to LSU in their bowl game. :D

So I started looking into how hot that was, learned about Scoville ratings, etc and realized there's stuff even more wicked out there than that. Figured if family and friends knew I liked hot sauces as much as I do, enough to buy me one as a gift from online, then I had better get to it and start collecting.

So here I am, like a kid in the candy store. Nice site you've got going on here and hopefully I can learn a lot.

Take care and my apologies for the amount of words!

Greetings Inc, there are some really good people on this board who can answer just about anything when it comes to hot. And don't mind the amount of words you used, most of us here are in a state of perpetual endorphin rush, so we're just happy all the time. :D

Welcome Inc- great bunch of folks here. You'll find that this group can answer just about any type of question that you may be able to come up with. From the history of how peppers made their way to the west, to the latest in practical jokes. Have Fun!!
piratesmiley.gif

Hello thar! Goodluck on getting the collection started. I have recently started the same myself and it is starting to look good!

Thanks all for the welcome.

Just a few questions now if you don't mind.

Is there any other forums out there aside from this one? More info on everything is always a good thing.

I've made a very big list of things I'm interested in buying, but I'd like to hear a couple of your fav's if you have the time. Reason for your favorites of course, etc.

Also, if there's anything that's going to be rare one day, get it now while it lasts kind of thing, etc....that I should get on before it's gone?

Thanks in advance once again! Lots of you have some nice sites and sauces I've bookmarked and will more than likely buy from one day!

Hello INC
In response to your question, "Also, if there's anything that's going to be rare one day, get it now while it lasts kind of thing, etc....that I should get on before it's gone?"
Here's the Cap's opo,
Keep a sharp eye on the Creator's DEFCON sauces. My prediction is that his first "limited production" extract, first batch of ZERO for example, will someday bring impressive figures to the hot sauce collector's market in a few years. Hey, who would of guessed a few years ago, that the first Blair's protoypes would be selling for such high $$'s on Ebay! Only time will tell if my prediction for the Creator's creation's will come to pass. The Defcon Condition ZERO is long sold out, so your a bit late for that one. If I understand correctly, the Creator will be offering another limited run of his extract sometime around March.
In my opinion, collecting hot sauce should be first and foremost , a FUN and an enjoyable experience!
In the famous word's of Blair... FEEL ALIVE!!
In the word's of the Creator...huummm, well.. at the moment..I can't think of anything..I'm sure that he will be able to come up with something.

As a matter of fact, the Cap'n is correct, the #2 batch of ZERO will have its unveiling at the Fiery Foods show. Any bottles not sold there will be available on the website afterwards. To tell you the truth, I never thought the ZERO was going to be such a hit, but so be it. Figure on about 3-4 batches each year, as they take 3-4 months to make (as stated before, without the use of ANY electrical machines).

And I guess a good quote from the Creator would be our business plan motto, "Future Rulers of Earth". :twisted:

DEFCON Creator said:
As a matter of fact, the Cap'n is correct, the #2 batch of ZERO will have its unveiling at the Fiery Foods show. Any bottles bot sold there will be available on the website afterwards. To tell you the truth, I never thought the ZERO was going to be such a hit, but so be it. Figure on about 3-4 batches each year, as they take 3-4 months to make (as stated before, wothout the use of ANY electrical machines).

And I guess a good quote from the Creator would be our business plan motto, "Future Rulers of Earth". :twisted:

DAMN. My wife won't let me go there either! Something about going to the Bahamas or Jamacia instead

If I miss out on batch TWO :idea: .......

Maybe I won't open my second bottle of ZERO in case I need to tradebribe someone!

-=john=-

John, sun and sand, just like New Mexico, and without a passport. You'll be supporting America's tourist trade as well, and will meet many of the people you talk to on this and other boards. Has your wife ever hung out with a bunch of chiliheads? I think she'd have a ball. The resort the show is in is supposed to be gorgeous as well, and from what I understand, it not far from downtown. I see the Sandia resort in your future...Oh yeah, and a bottle of Batch #2.

My wife thinks i'm nuts with all this hot sauce stuff. Especially now since I'm playing with making my own!

She loves the sun, and I promised her she could go to the SPA whenever she wants - so maybe all hope is not lost......

-=john=-

Back