Greetings from Peru...by way of Los Angeles!

Hey all-

Like most people from Latin America, I'm a fellow hot pepper aficionado.

For anyone who's a fan of Peruvian food, you're probably familiar with Ají
Verde; the spicy, creamy, neon green sauce served with most dishes and bread. That delicious sauce is my specialty, which I'm looking to market sometime in the near future.

Looking forward to learning from the community and sharing my insight!

Cheers

:)

YES YES YES!

Get posting!!!! I love Peruvian food and that sauce.

:welcome:

Welcome. Glad to have a Peruvian aboard. There are a lot of folks here that really love Peruvian food, me included. I have around 20 different seeds that came directly from Peru and I`m growing them for the first time this year. 

Where are you from?

I'm trying my second round at Peruvian peppers this year. I live that spicy green sauce with rotisserie chicken and rice. I love Peruvian food.

Hi there Welcome only have one Peruvian pepper in my arsenal ......i'm interested in the green sauce you mentioned :party:  new tastes are awesome 

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Nigel - I'm from Lima, raised most of my life here in the states.

McGuiver - That rotisserie chicken is calle Pollo A La Brasa. It's a god send for anyone who loves chicken. And the sauce really does pair well with meats.

Van - Might that pepper be Rocoto? I'll be trying to send out samples my Ají Verde sauce pretty soon!

Seems like an international crowd around here! :surprised:

:welcome:  From Missouri in the Midwest or south west as it may well be, feel free to ask questions there are some pepper Gurus here that know there peppers, you'll see me popping in here and there, I'm intrigued by the many rare and wild species found in Peru, But am looking for some of the bigger yet mild Ajis that are dried, pickled or made into tasty sauces. also I'm intrigued by the many other plants and spices found in your country.
I love the big rocoto and manzanos, I have been looking for a mild variety that I could grow and fix for my 92 year old mother, she likes all kinds of pepper, but can only eat the milder ones.  I know there are several Aji's that could fill bill, but I'm in need of a thick fleshed ones that can be stuffed also.

A bit late, but thank you all for the kind welcome.

wildseed57- Rocoto is typically the pepper of choice in Peru, other than maybe aji amarillo or aji panca. Hmmmm, not quite sure what would fit the bill for what you're looking for. I'll mull it over and get back to you.

Back