Greetings from Philadelphia! It's a monster snow day!!!

Good afternoon from the City of Brotherly Love! The snow is coming down with extreme prejudice!!!

I'm fairly new to making hot sauces, but only because I had never tried. I've always loved spicy foods, but in the past 5 years, I have been cooking at home a lot more (Read: Most meals :D) and have been having a great time experimenting with new ingredients.

A few friends and I went on a little kayak/camping trip last year and I was recommended a bottle of Dave's Insanity. I loved it for it's heat, but didn't love the flavor. But, we all decided to try and have a little friendly hot-sauce competition between us. That still hasn't happened... however, I came up with a recipe that I loved, shared it with some friends, who then shared it with others, and it was very well received. So, due to support and encouragement from friends in the restaurant industry, I'm now working on building a small business out of it!

I'm here to learn all I can about chili pepper culture, different flavors, growing techniques, and to just have some fun with fellow chiliheads!

A few of my favorite chilis at the moment, in no particular order: Carolina Reaper, Habenero, Thai Chilis, Jalapeno, Pequin Chilis.

I hope to grow my passion and business alongside all of you!

Cheers,

ClovenHoofed

Thank you guys/gals! Already through your posts I've learned about the Throwdowns, which sound dope! Looking forward to getting involved!

Oh, by the way: I'm a Philly transplant. I did most of my growing up on the Gulf Coast of Texas, then spent time on the East Coast of South Florida. So, a lot of BBQ, crawfish boils, Mexican, and Island Food (Haitian, Jamaican, etc.)

Definitely trying to get into more tastes!

Back