greetings from the bluegrass

I'm excieted to be associated with such an elite and intellectual group of seekers of the heat. I am searching for a Chilero sauce recipe from Costa Rica. I purchased a commercial product there made by Negrini, which my 17 yr old daughter loves. any one have any sugesstions. I grow approx. 20 pepper plants each season in 2- 8 x 8 ft. raised beds with great results. talley ho!

scottb said:
I'm excieted to be associated with such an elite and intellectual group of seekers of the heat. I am searching for a Chilero sauce recipe from Costa Rica. I purchased a commercial product there made by Negrini, which my 17 yr old daughter loves. any one have any sugesstions. I grow approx. 20 pepper plants each season in 2- 8 x 8 ft. raised beds with great results. talley ho!
==================
I didn't catch the end of the title of your thread, so I assume it was Bluegrass State. If so, welcome, neighbor. I live in the Tri-Cities in E. TN. Good luck finding your sauce. If you can't find it, I think you'll find several possible replacements in here 😉

Josh

scottb said:
I am searching for a Chilero sauce recipe from Costa Rica. I purchased a commercial product there made by Negrini, which my 17 yr old daughter loves. any one have any sugesstions. I grow approx. 20 pepper plants each season in 2- 8 x 8 ft. raised beds with great results. talley ho!

From About.com:

INGREDIENTS:

2 bottles distilled vinegar (16 oz. each)
2 c. carrots, thinly sliced
1 red pepper, julienned
1 1/2 c. assorted hot peppers (jalepenos and habaneros are good choices)
1 onion, cut into large chunks
3 whole cloves
1 bay leaf

PREPARATION:

Put all of the ingredients into a large tupperware container or glass bowl. The vinegar should be covering all of the vegetables. Cover and refrigerate the mixture overnight. That's it!

Tips

Remove the vegetables from the vinegar as you go, instead of draining all of the vinegar after the first night. That way, they won't dry out.

Brush your teeth after eating chilero. It's very acidic!

scottb said:

Welcome Scott... Glad to have you.

Try this link: http://www.lapulpe.com/index.php/cPath/1_39

T.

Back