greetings from VA

Hi All,

I realized recently that I eat so much of my favorite hot sauces that it probably makes sense for me to learn how to make some that are similar to my favorites. I'm not a huge sauce or pepper enthusiast, but I like to cook and have been growing some peppers recently and am eager to have more information particularly about starting plants etc.

I really love tart jalapeno or serrano sauces and would love to make something approximating Melinda's green sauce, which is probably the bottle I drain the fastest :)

Thanks in advance!

AaJLo1B.jpg

gooseyard said:
Hi All,

I realized recently that I eat so much of my favorite hot sauces that it probably makes sense for me to learn how to make some that are similar to my favorites. I'm not a huge sauce or pepper enthusiast, but I like to cook and have been growing some peppers recently and am eager to have more information particularly about starting plants etc.

I really love tart jalapeno or serrano sauces and would love to make something approximating Melinda's green sauce, which is probably the bottle I drain the fastest :)

Thanks in advance!

Found this with a simple search

JoynersHotPeppers said:
"Melinda's" Habanero Pepper Sauce

Saute onions and garlic in oil over medium low heat until soft but not brown. Add carrots and water. Bring to boil, reduce to low and cook until carrots are cooked. Remove this mixture to a blender and blend alow with the Habaneros. When smooth, mix in vinegar and lime juice and simmer briefly. If you are looking to use the sauce immediately, simmer for 5 minutes; if you are going to store it, 2 minutes will be sufficient heat. You may up to double the Habs before creating a painfully hot sauce (about at hot as Melinda's reserve). In any case, this stuff should be packed into sterilized containers for storage unless you wat to drink it up all at once...

1/2 c Onion, chopped
2 Garlic cloves, minced
1 tb Olive oil
1/2 c Carrots, chopped
1/8 c Water
12 Habaneros, stemmed, chopped
1/2 c White vinegar
1/4 c Lime juice

_

_

Welcome from up the road.

...and don't put oil in your hot sauce, if you plan on bottling it.

Back