• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

GregK's 2013 Glog

Not up there with you pepper pros's but nonetheless I am excited to track some hots growing in New England, climate zone 6.

I started a little late.

Carolina Reapers- 9
Congo Trinidad- 8
Habanero-1
Takanotsume- 7
Jalapeno-2
Passilla Bajio- 7

Reapers were sown April 12th. Some pics on their progress. I'm moving them in between my unheated green house and the lights inside. They're forecasting mid and upper 30's for lows this week so I'll probably keep the Reapers and the Congos inside.

Carolina-Reaper-21-daysWEB_zps253b59a0.jpg
[/url]

That's a good start.

Do you plan to let them grow in the greenhouse or will you plant them in your garden ?

I'm right down the road from you in Stratford. Had to bring in all my plants last night since it was so cold

Thanks all for the encouraging words. PHB, I'm planning on planting some in the garden, some in pots which will be mobile, and one reaper in the planting bed inside the greenhouse. I'm figuring that will increase my chances of success.

DeBo,
awsome! I was hoping that I would connect to someone close by so I could bounce ideas/experiences off someone close by. My very good friend who I went to college with lives in Stratford and has a successfully emerging hot sauce biz that is I'm guessing 3-4 years old now. His sauces are really good. "Tom's Roid Rippin' Hot Sauce"

Yeah I know, the weather in May almost always has a surprise for us here in this part of the state. So DeBo, Do you have "supehots" under way? What kinds?

I'm growing Douglah, Yellow 7 Pot, Naga Morich, Yellow Bhut, Trinidad Scorpion, Habanero Mustard, Habanero Peach, White Habanero, Jamaican Hot Chocolate, Scotch Bonnet Yellow, and Red and Yellow Rocoto.

I've had a few of Tom's Roid Rippin sauces and they are indeed awesome.

Thanks all for the encouraging words. PHB, I'm planning on planting some in the garden, some in pots which will be mobile, and one reaper in the planting bed inside the greenhouse. I'm figuring that will increase my chances of success.
Good ! I think it's always good to be able to compare growing conditions/techniques. That's the way to improve your gardener skills.

It's been awhile since an update. Here are some pics of the progress.

Red Congo

Young Reaper compilation

Pepper row in July

Pepper Row in August
Annums are close to 5 feet and Chinense are about 3 feet Finally!

Back