• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

pod Grenada Seasoning Pepper

Hi everyone, I got some seed from superhotchiles.com and purchased Grenada seasoning pepper. I just had a couple turn ripe. The flavor is fantastic! I'm growing 80 varieties this year and so far.the flavor of this one is definitely in the top ranks. That being said, mine are all uniform to this one pictured , but I wouldn't say that it looks exactly like "Google images" or super hot chiles website.....can anyone confirm? I definitely want to save seed but don't want to be calling this one incorrectly for years to come! Thanks for the help/confirmation.
20210822_095151.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I got some seed from superhotchiles.com and purchased Grenada seasoning pepper. I just had a couple turn ripe. The flavor is fantastic! I'm growing 80 varieties this year and so far.the flavor of this one is definitely in the top ranks. That being said, mine are all uniform to this one pictured , but I wouldn't say that it looks exactly like "Google images" or super hot chiles website.....can anyone confirm? I definitely want to save seed but don't want to be calling this one incorrectly for years to come! Thanks for the help/confirmation.
20210822_095151.jpg

1629685878806.png

Grenada Seasoning Spice Pepper

Yellow Pimento Seasoning?

@Fatalii_Llama, the pod you posted in the first post look more elongated than the Grenada Seasoning pods I grew back in 2016
CB5B6B13-7048-47FB-B47B-B5EB7695BA85.jpeg

Also, I don’t remember having the same enthusiasm about their flavor, although that’s obviously subjective :lol: To me, they were a little bitter and pretty bland. I wasn’t impressed at all. Glad to hear you’re enjoying the flavor of your pods, whatever they may be! :cheers:

Thanks everyone for posting and helping me out. I think it's fairly safe to say that this likely is not a grenada seasoning pepper. That actually makes me sad though because if it isn't, I don't know what it is! I misspoke and this was actually a plant I bought from the site, not a seed. I will post a picture of the plant below. All peppers (various growth stages) are quite uniform to one another. All are elongated and yellow. As stated above, taste is very subjective, but I've grown and tried almost 200 varieties in the last couple years and very few get a taste rating of 9 out of 10 and this one is! It's sweet, citrus, tropical fruity and it has an aftertaste. The aftertaste is almost savory or buttery. It's truly neat, but in a good way. The heat level is medium -medium/hot. It's very versatile.
20210823_183055.jpg

Well I'm gonna try it again and confirm I'm not crazy! Jim at super hot chiles emailed me last night and still says it looks like grenada...... not to me though! Heat test again would be smoking gun I guess. Thanks

I misspoke and this was actually a plant I bought from the site, not a seed.
Send the pics the company and ask them to help identify. They know what they were growing and they may even know what they mixed up. If you send it as a polite query instead of a complaint they will probably answer (own up). And then you can ask for a remedy or replacement if it's a mix up.

I’m definitely not the best at IDing pods but, that first pic reminds me of the Aji Limo or an Aji Lemon Drop (or one of those similar ones; there’s like 3 or 4 different peppers like those that I always get mixed up). I could definitely be wrong though. Lots of other people here have a lot more experience than I do at this stuff. That’s just the first thing that came to my mind when I saw it :lol:

Back