• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

grilling Grill in woods!

Grilling in woods is one of the best thing ever!
In the middle of our hills there's a nice spot in middle of woods, a nicer thing is that the place is on top of a rock place (maybe some old mine) so it's realtivelay a safe place too (especially with a good quantity of water to put off fire and embers).

So we had some polenta (commercial one, but with grill is still great), some pork steaks, some italian sausages (strange ones without guts and a little flattened, they were great!) and cevapcici. And a Jack Daniels BBQ sauce.

We like to cook in the simple way, only oil, salt, balck pepper and rosemary.

iyp1JKvmjbQPt.jpg

Starting fire:
ibpRKLdkPxUmzh.jpg

There were a branch of very dried bay tree... Easy!

iKsL38fIU6bnO.jpg

i8XAvJuY49Jiy.jpg

iweXvprrZZiBo.jpg

i553rJSsadhqk.jpg

iY61hVpZqcce5.jpg

iweXvprrZZiBo.jpg

iVoPaGSgJ8u2w.jpg

Returned home after a good walk we had cake:
iKimJh9qaRzx5.jpg

The good one is the white, cheesecake!

Essi that is awesome.

But funny too.

Jack Daniels BBQ sauce in Italy with polenta is weird in a way like I dunno'.

I have no words to describe it.

It might just be the next food trend.

texas blues said:
Jack Daniels BBQ sauce
A friend of mine bought it in Caserma Ederle (USA post).
With polenta no real need for sauce, btw good to have. If we had chicken i'd have it coated in hot pepper powder, not today btw.
The best thing of that all is remnants of polenta in grill... It's something similar as thinner small nachos fried in meat fat/oil. Of course only small tiny bits, but for me it's the best thing since fire invention. I don't even know if i'd change that for the best beef steak.
iL1niOcBxVYvi.jpg

(only that photo of this...)

Some other shots of today's place:
ibiZcW7f75RO2H.jpg

itec7GaKpfaQy.jpg

And now the bad part of the day: i was with friends that don't drink... No alcohol...
To think i have to taste new cabernet (2013 grape harvest)!!! Aaaarghh!!! It would have been perfect for today! :(

Back