dehydrators Grinder and Dehydrator Recommendations

I expect a bigger harvest this year than last and would like to upgrade my powder production setup.

Any recommendations on a quality grinder?

Preference on using a cut vs crush grinder on the quality of the end product?

Medium sized dehydrator recommendations?

Bhob Zolokia said:
I expect a bigger harvest this year than last and would like to upgrade my powder production setup.

1.) Any recommendations on a quality grinder?

Preference on using a cut vs crush grinder on the quality of the end product?

2.) Medium sized dehydrator recommendations?

1.) I use a coffee grinder like> Cuisinart Coffee Grinder

2. I use the 9 tray model from this manafacture.>Excalibur Dehydrator

I use an Oster Classic Blender. It's <$20 from Walmart and the real kicker is that you can screw a regular mouth mason jar onto the cutter instead of the big glass blender jug. So I crush my dehydrated peppers in a bag into a flake consistency then shove them in a mason jar, blend and cap. You only need to clean up the cutting blades. 

I use the Nesco Dehydrator. It's benefit is that you can add trays to cover a lot of stuff. Very handy for when the harvests come in thick and fast. The only downside is that with all the extra trays, it's something bulky to store away which you only use for a short part of the year. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0090WOCN0

Thanks everyone. The Excalibur is 30% off for a couple more days. I need to decide if I really need the 9 tray. I think I can get by with the 5. I have 62 plants this season. But expect to go a little lighter (~40 seems right) in future years.

I'm happy to learn a blender can work well as a dry grinder for chiles. I used a small pulse coffee grinder last year and was hoping for a more efficient and less dusty option. I need a good blender for sauce anyway.

I use an Oster Classic Blender. It's <$20 from Walmart and the real kicker is that you can screw a regular mouth mason jar onto the cutter instead of the big glass blender jug. So I crush my dehydrated peppers in a bag into a flake consistency then shove them in a mason jar, blend and cap. You only need to clean up the cutting blades.

Probably one of our oldest kitchen tools.. And I never knew!! Now I must pick up my brain from all over the room. This is the problem when knowledge and homesteading skips a generation, or two.
20211005_110107.jpg

Back