• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Grinders or ?

I got a question for you all, is there someplace that sells a grinder/? that will take dried chiles grind them up to a good flake mix(EX crushed pepper for pizza) &/or even into powder mix (EX cayenne powder)
I've tried a couple methods/cooking tools, & no luck, I do better just riping the dried chiles up by hand but i'd like a easier simplier way, but then I still cant get them into powder, just big flakes.

my magic bullet dose well to make powders. i just bid on a coffe grinder on ebay yesterday for 2 dollars.
some of my whole spices in chili i use a mort and pedestal so i have more "control"

thanks for the help, I just didnt know if the coffee grinder would work for chiles, so I was hesitant to buy one. would there be a brand to stay away from ?

For home use most blenders will work. We have an Oster brand that came with food processer attachments. We've ground peppers down to flakes and powders without a problem. Cheap and easy!

chilehunter said:
thanks for the help, I just didnt know if the coffee grinder would work for chiles, so I was hesitant to buy one. would there be a brand to stay away from ?

Buy the canister type coffee grinder and not the gravity fed type.

Cuisinart food processer for flakes, $10. coffee grinder for powder. If the powder isn't fine enough, try drying it out some more on a cookie sheet and re-grind.

again thanks for the replies, I bought the Mr. Coffee grinder.
it worked great, almost to great cuz it blended up the chiles to a fine blend, which I thought I'd have enough for between seasons, not til I saw whats left after blending. well I guesss I'll need to triple my production this growing season :) :) & thats not so bad really :)

I use a Mr. Coffee grinder too. Two bags of Santaka (they have been dried then vacuum packed) as shown in the picture produced the powder you see in the bowl.
pepper.jpg

I have a coffee grinder that I guess I am going to have to retire from coffee grinding. Most everyone I know likes hot coffee, not, hot
:fire: hot :fire:  coffee.

Back