• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Grow books?

Could anyone recommend some good grow books for chilis? I want to do some book shopping soon from Amazon and figured it would be a good idea to get a more comprehensive understanding of how to grow my platns to the max. This is a good forum and google has lots of resources, but, it's very scattered. Are there any comprehensive guides out there one would recommend?

Sorry but I don't think there is a book out there that can compare with this forum. Just go through the growing section and the GLOGS and look for people in a region similar to where you are growing them. Books get outdated, THP never does.

Might as well grab any general gardening book, though they all suffer from the same issue re: one author, one opinion.

A forum requires leg work but gives a much wider scope, dozens of opinions are readily available. Niche methods of growing not mentioned in any book are covered from multiple approaches. Growers from similar or the exact same climate/location can be queried with regional concerns. The grain of salt one should take when reading anything on a forum if anything strengthens knowledge by requiring the reader to reach out for a more reputable source to verify facts, something rarely done with a book.

Hawaiianero said:
Sorry but I don't think there is a book out there that can compare with this forum. Just go through the growing section and the GLOGS and look for people in a region similar to where you are growing them. Books get outdated, THP never does.

+1

I've looked nothing beats THP.

I wrote a book.It only has 1 page.I will copy it here for free.

Swampys guide to productive peppers

Follow these steps and reap the rewards:

Acquire good seed stock
Germinate in good seed starting mix at 80-88F
Start under lights until the weather warms up
Plant out into large 8-25 Gallon pots with rich soil and plenty of drainage.
Choose a good sunny sigh out of strong winds or a polytunnel or greenhouse
Water plenty with a very low dose of ferts without keeping the soil soggy
shake vigorously when flowering to help flowers pollinate
Stake those badboys up so they don't bend or break when loaded with fruit.

The End

there are cannabis cultivating books that lend really well to peppers :high: ......just food for thought. But yeah, this forum is about the best thing i've come across in regards to growing pods.

Back