• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Grow light help!

Hi, Im going to try and grow some Chilli plants for the second time this year, and want to try and grow them earlier to increase the harvest period. Last year I ran into some problems due to low light levels when the seedlings were growing and ended up with very leggy seedlings which I did manage to fix by planting the seedling down to their first set of leaves. I have been looking for grow lights to counteract the problem and as I only grow a small amount of seedlings (10-12 seedlings) I don't believe I need larger lights. I don't want to spend a lot of money on lights as they would only be used for a short time and I'm honestly overwhelmed by all the different types of lights! I would very appreciative if anyone could assist me on finding light that would do the job. I did find a light that l think will do the job but not entirely sure. Any advice would be great.
Thanks Leo.

Light I was looking at -
https://www.suttons.co.uk/Gardening/Garden-Equipment/Propagators-and-Propagating-Equipment/ROOTT-LED-Full-Spectrum-Grow-Light_586696.htm

juanitos said:
you don't need a fancy grow light. 

any sufficiently powerful light is fine, if you don't use it very much often. you can just get a led floodlight bulb and put it in a normal desk lamp.
or use a led or flourescent shop light available at any hardware store.

Thanks for the info. I'm still struggling to find something that has decent reviews! Is there anything specific eg Name or model of something you would recommend?

Idaholewis said:
I have sure had good luck with my Agrobrite designers. I have the 2 ft 4 Bulb, and the 4 Ft 6 Bulb

https://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-FLP22-Agrobrite-Designer-Fixture/dp/B002KN2T8G

Last years Carolina Reapers under the Little 2Ft 4 Bulb

Thanks so much for the help idahoelewis I have heard so much about how well these lights preform so I think they're the ones I'll get. Very nice looking Carolinas by the well look very happy under them!
Thanks again!

Back