• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Grow light Q

I have a few seeds germinate and out the bunch so I decided instead of lighting up the whole tray I'll light the ones that are growing. So I went to my trust HD and bout a aluminum clamp light and a grow bulb. I had begun by putting the light close but soon noticed that the little guys were begining to droop so thinking that it was to hot I raised the light - so how close is to close do I move the light far enough away to where the temps are around 70- 80 degrees at the plant level ? I know seems kinda silly but this isnt a floro bulb either btw

Hold your hand under the light, palm down. If your hand gets too warm for your comfort, the light is too warm for the plants.

Mike

I used an 100w incandescent bulb to keep my overwintered plant warm during the coldest nights this winter. At about 15" above the plants the temp was about 85F - 90F at plant level. For point of reference, it was about 42 in the garage where they were. I swiched it out for a 100w equivelant CFL and that kept in at about 70F about 6" above the plants.

Good Luck!
jacob

I have a 15w LED grow bulb and now the plants are going postal. Some of the plants also have some spider mites and they couldn't care less they still grow like weeds.

Back