• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Grow room temps?

Hey guys got a question we moved all our plants into our grow room which we made in my buddy's garage, we have a small Edenpure heater which keeps it toasty so here's the question what temp should we keep it at during the day and at night? Or should we pick a temp in the middle and just keep it there steady? Also anything I need to know about humidity, venting, etc.

"Also anything I need to know about humidity, venting, etc. "

Thats just it, venting air out takes the humidity down, which is what you want. Have one strong inline fan taking air out, and vents open coming in. Day temps should be at 75-85 considering peak photosynthesis takes place at AROUND 76f degrees. Bugs thrive in warm temps like 90.

"Or should we pick a temp in the middle and just keep it there steady?"

yea, if you can keep temps +/- 10 degrees thats good.

yeah, I would try to stick with a mid temp like 80ish or something like that and just know that when the lights go on it will get warmer, and with the lights off it will get cooler obviously.. I have been trying to combat really high humidity even though I have a couple different fans running, 1 on all the time when the light is on, then 1 18" oscillating fan that is on for 15min every hour, and every other 15min for 15min when the light is off, and then the inline exhaust fan which is on every few hours when the light is on, and every hour when the light is off.. because when the light is off, the humidity shoots up..

and with that said my plants have been kind of wrinkely.. but I just decided it has been warm enough, and nothing else has really worked really well, so I just unzip the top flap of the tent (since my tent vents are on the bottom and don't vent passively very well) and even after a few hours of having that vent open.. it seems to be doing the trick.. so I will see if a few more days to see if it gets better.. this is my first year from starting inside.. so I'm kind of juggling things around to make them work... you'll have to do the same to see what works.

I suggest going to walmart and grabbing one of those humidity and temp sensor things, the one I grabbed was like $10 and it is a whole lot easier, and much nicer being able to know the humidity, when before I just had one of the thermometers in there, which was OK, but the digital double sensor is nice

"Also anything I need to know about humidity, venting, etc. "

Thats just it, venting air out takes the humidity down, which is what you want. Have one strong inline fan taking air out, and vents open coming in. Day temps should be at 75-85 considering peak photosynthesis takes place at AROUND 76f degrees. Bugs thrive in warm temps like 90.

"Or should we pick a temp in the middle and just keep it there steady?"

yea, if you can keep temps +/- 10 degrees thats good.

Thanks good info !

yeah, I would try to stick with a mid temp like 80ish or something like that and just know that when the lights go on it will get warmer, and with the lights off it will get cooler obviously.. I have been trying to combat really high humidity even though I have a couple different fans running, 1 on all the time when the light is on, then 1 18" oscillating fan that is on for 15min every hour, and every other 15min for 15min when the light is off, and then the inline exhaust fan which is on every few hours when the light is on, and every hour when the light is off.. because when the light is off, the humidity shoots up..

and with that said my plants have been kind of wrinkely.. but I just decided it has been warm enough, and nothing else has really worked really well, so I just unzip the top flap of the tent (since my tent vents are on the bottom and don't vent passively very well) and even after a few hours of having that vent open.. it seems to be doing the trick.. so I will see if a few more days to see if it gets better.. this is my first year from starting inside.. so I'm kind of juggling things around to make them work... you'll have to do the same to see what works.

I suggest going to walmart and grabbing one of those humidity and temp sensor things, the one I grabbed was like $10 and it is a whole lot easier, and much nicer being able to know the humidity, when before I just had one of the thermometers in there, which was OK, but the digital double sensor is nice

Thanks you've given me much to think about! Do you think the wrinkly look you're talking about could be Cal deficency? Got any pics?

Thanks good info !

Thanks you've given me much to think about! Do you think the wrinkly look you're talking about could be Cal deficency? Got any pics?

yeah here is one of my chocolate bhut that was good before, but just started curling, and the fact that just about all the superhots were the last ones to start doing this.. makes me think it was linked to the humidity.. and the fact that it got bad once the temps here starting warming up.

and I think there are a few other problems that I have, like possibly Cal-Mag deficiency but I have started using Cal-Mag which is helping and they are turning a little greener, but I think the big issue for me is the humidity and heat.. but mostly the humidity
IMG_0145.jpg

Back