• Do you need help identifying a šŸŒ¶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? šŸ¤§
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Growing Aci Sivri Pepper

So a friend at work gave me what he said is a heirloom Turkish Aci Sivri Pepper plant. This is first time dealing with cayenne let alone turkish. Leaves are wavy along leaf edges that he said are normal, look pretty cool. About a foot plus and real bushy, plenty of lateral branches. Question I have is; was told not to prune and keep a low nitrogen fertilizer with a base plus soil. Cayenne's are new to me, is this a norm or just for this variety. Thanks.

Good questions, and the experts here will be able to help. One thing I will mention is Witches Brew. You can search this forum for it. It will supply both Magnesium and Calcium, which will get the plant to flower and fruit. It has worked well for me.

To answer your other questions, We need to know if you're growing outside or inside, in a pot, what size, etc. These will all affect how much it will grow and whether pruning will be good.

The pepper sounds interesting, I'll have to look it up.

Good luck with it,
Tom

It'll be outside and was told 3or4 gal pots are fine for a nice harvest in our area (se pa). It's going in an oddball size pot a little wider than a 3gal with some pea gravel for base weight. Organic amended potting mix that I use for rest of peppers that is minus neutral. Bugs me that is was recommended a plus neutral soil. Never grew cayenne, so what do I know. Figure I'd get some input before pot up. Thanks

I have yet to find anything that can't be grown using organically amended potting mix.Ā  Like seriously...Ā  anything.
Ā 
My go-to fertilizerĀ  (when I'm not making my own)Ā is Dr Earth Tomato, Vegetable and Herb.Ā  Feed the soil, not the plant...Ā  Everything else takes care of itself.Ā  Short of something inĀ potting mix that alters PH explicitly, I don't even pay attention to PH, if I'm being honest.

Back