• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Growing Cukes in HEL

OK, time to kick off the Growing Cukes in HEL glog!

It will be about growing more than cukes, but one needs to choose something for a topic title.

No better way than to start with a photo.

Got the cukes and zucchini potted up into  and caged. Cages aren't visible in the picture, but they are there now.

IMG_1159.jpg

Fuck the weeds. Salt Girl to the Rescue. She spread 25kg of salt on our backyard and then heavily sprayed it with the water hose.

sg.jpg

podz said:
OK, time to kick off the Growing Cukes in HEL glog!

It will be about growing more than cukes, but one needs to choose something for a topic title.

No better way than to start with a photo.

Got the cukes and zucchini potted up into  and caged. Cages aren't visible in the picture, but they are there now.

attachicon.gif
IMG_1159.jpg

what size pots are the cucumbers in? i have always grown them in the ground but this year i want to grow in containers and want to make sure i use a big enough pot. your plants look great!

luvmesump3pp3rz said:
what size pots are the cucumbers in? i have always grown them in the ground but this year i want to grow in containers and want to make sure i use a big enough pot. your plants look great!

Sorry I missed this post. They are in 7.5 gallon pots but I just left them outside to die because I started them waaaaaay too early, they got too big and it keeps getting down into the 40s at night. I will plant some seeds later this week and they grow so fast that nothing will have been missed.

podz said:

Sorry I missed this post. They are in 7.5 gallon pots but I just left them outside to die because I started them waaaaaay too early, they got too big and it keeps getting down into the 40s at night. I will plant some seeds later this week and they grow so fast that nothing will have been missed.
ok, thanks. :cheers:

Good thing peppers aren't as cold-sensitive as cukes. I've had my peppers out in 40 degree nights and they are looking entirely healthy. Not really growing too fast, but looking quite fine anyway.

Back