• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Growing mushrooms indoors

Anyone here do this? I'm talking about the non-magical kind, btw. ;) I was looking at some mushroom growing kits on the internet, do these work very well?

I wouldn't mind growing some shiitakes or something if it's not terribly difficult, expensive, or time-consuming.

i wanted to do this a while ago, i even bought a huge hepa filter. from what i remember oysters are the easiest to culture other than the magical verity. '
what kits are you looking at? can you link it.

Oyster mushrooms are a lot easier to grow than most other types and is probably the best place to start. I really got into growing mushrooms years ago but it became quite expensive and time consuming as well as frustrating. I'm quite sure there is and old thread here with some of my pics and some discussion

Here's some cool looking Enokitake mushrooms I grew a few years ago from a kit

Nice lookin' shrooms! I had a friend that grew some in his basement on a piece of oak. Pretty sure certain types require different growth conditions (more or less light, more moisture...ya da ya da ya da). It is very do-able though. Good luck!

i wanted to do this a while ago, i even bought a huge hepa filter. from what i remember oysters are the easiest to culture other than the magical verity. '
what kits are you looking at? can you link it.

I just googled "Mushroom growing kits" and there are a bunch of links. I get the feeling that a lot of these kits have a high likelihood of being crap though.

Oyster mushrooms are a lot easier to grow than most other types and is probably the best place to start. I really got into growing mushrooms years ago but it became quite expensive and time consuming as well as frustrating. I'm quite sure there is and old thread here with some of my pics and some discussion

Here's some cool looking Enokitake mushrooms I grew a few years ago from a kit

Looks like you were pretty successful with those, nice pic. I will try to find that thread when I get a chance.

Back