• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Growing Mushrooms

So I started growing shiitake and oyster mushrooms this spring on logs which is coming along nicely. But I also started messing around with growing oysters on pasteurized organic straw in bags. So this morning while checking the bags that are hanging in my garage I noticed that one of the strains/bags is starting to pin! just thought I would share a quick couple of pics as I know a couple others here are growing mushrooms. 

pic of the first bag to pin
oyster2014-8-16-_zps52e8f499.jpg

Here you can see them starting to pin
oyster2014-8-16_zpsebe28dbb.jpg

the key now is to mist mist mist now freeport...I have been into mycology for 6 years and have grown everything if anyone ever needs any help or advice...

If I post pics of my mycology adventures I would blow your mind... :) let me get on my PC...

edit...Alright I found these pics, not sure what they are or were they came from but it's just a small teaser in the big picture, trust me .. :party:

DSC00038.JPG

9.jpg

100_1671.JPG

100_1611.JPG

DSC00037.JPG

100_1642.JPG

I knew what they were- big fan of the "cloud Mushroom"  just not big on posting illegal activity online  :cheers:
I currently have 10 different strains of shiitake and oyster mushrooms going. Should be a good fall. note the oyster bags I just hang in my garage. 

FreeportBum said:
I knew what they were- big fan of the "cloud Mushroom"  just not big on posting illegal activity online  :cheers:
I currently have 10 different strains of shiitake and oyster mushrooms going. Should be a good fall. note the oyster bags I just hang in my garage.
What illegal activity?

cruzzfish said:
Can one of you send me a small chunk of mycelium to get started again? I miss growing these things.
I can't cause I don't grow mushrooms...I'm the biggest liar on the internet , don't believe a word I say...I need help...

FreeportBum said:
Please excuse my ignorance but I was under the impression it was illegal to cultivate mushrooms that contain psilocybin? if it's not then I may need to rethink this whole job thing of mine....  :P
Who said they cultivate psilocybin? I know I never I said I cultivated psilocybin , like you said its illegal...

Absolutely man mycology is probably my favorite hobby of mine next to gardening...
FreeportBum said:
Ok gotcha. but you know what they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Either way great pics. Mycology is a lot fun

Back