growing questions

Hi,
I have 2 questions:

When you remove all flowers except 3...and you let them grow.
Will the plant then continue to grow and make new flowers? Or will the plant wait to make new flowers, until the first peppers are fully ripened?

How long does it take to make a new flower, when you remove one?

It depends on the plant if it is 7in tall it could be a while. But if it is a couple feet tall you shouldnt be taking the flowers off

Nightshade said:
It depends on the plant if it is 7in tall it could be a while. But if it is a couple feet tall you shouldnt be taking the flowers off
Good answer also. I was assuming it was coming into its prime.

flower blossoms from peppers and all plants is the plants attempt to reproduce itself ....ive seen 4 inch scaggly peppers throwing off blossoms...to me, thats like a ten year old girl having a baby--wayyy to young...so i pluck any pepper blossoms from immature plants or not properly headed back peppers. A plants response to picking its peppers--its seeds--its offspring is to panic and go into reproduction mode again instead of feeding its pods mode--its sorta like pruning back spent roses or geranium flowers so they produce more than if the bulb--fertilized ovaryx---stays on the plant.....my problem has been getting my new buds--after i pick peppers to pollinate. Im wondering if my shade cloth is too low and the pollinators are having trouble finding my peppers---there was no shade cloth on my first harvest of peppers......ive put butterfly plants under my shade with the peppers in hopes of attracting some butterflies and bees ....also raised my cloth to about 7 foot now--crossing my fingers.......

StAugieHotPeppers said:
my problem has been getting my new buds--after i pick peppers to pollinate. Im wondering if my shade cloth is too low and the pollinators are having trouble finding my peppers---there was no shade cloth on my first harvest of peppers..

What is the difference in day/night temp between now & when your plants were setting fruit? Peppers are self-fertile & don't really require pollinators, even a slight breeze will generally do the trick. This is why they're easy to get to fruit even when grown indoors without insects. However there are many causes that can lead to peppers aborting flowers instead of setting fruit. Here's a list of general causes courtesy of Willard:

willard said:
Flower drop probable causes:

1. Day temp too high >95F
2. Night temp too low <65F
3. Too much nitrogen fertilizer
4. Too much water
5. Low light levels (reduces fertility).
6. Very low humidity (reduces fertility)
7. Poor air circulation (air circulation contributes to pollination).
8. Lack of pollinating insects.
9. Size of pot
10. Too much mineral in feedwater.
11. Too much grower attention/anxiety

Back