• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Growing tomatoes in containers

There are a number of cherry toms that will grow in smaller  than 7 gal. pots. The ones I grew were called Tiny Tim. They tasted pretty good, nothing like Sungold though.

That is more than big enough to grow any type of tomato. But, depending on what kind of tomato you're going to grow you may need to stake or cage the plant. Indeterminates can easily grow 8'-12'.

neoguy said:
That is more than big enough to grow any type of tomato. But, depending on what kind of tomato you're going to grow you may need to stake or cage the plant. Indeterminates can easily grow 8'-12'.

Yes I will definitely stake them as I plan on tomatoes like Big Beefsteak, Burbank, or maybe an heirloom like Brandywine? Not sure yet but they haven't done well in the ground in several seasons and I can't move the growing area as I don't have that big of a back yard so I figure big containers like these would be ideal and the price can't be beat really.
I think Canna would grow great in these containers as well. ;)

Thanks Mike. What are your thoughts on Super Soil that cannabis users mix? Too expensive to make? Overkill?
Sounds like great stuff but at what price?

Back