• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Growth rate after popping

Curious what others see, is it normal that from the time they pop their heads out that within 8 hrs they're an inch tall. Seems to the norm this year with heat mat and dome for me ?

I wouldnt worry about the first 8 hours as much as I would the first 8 days. THAT is what will be a better determining factor of how your plants are doing.

yeah, and it really depends on the quality and quantity of light.. don't want too much light I find.. but most people have to worry about not enough light.. my plants after a couple weeks have only grown like 1-2cm or so, but they have a couple sets of leaves on them.. using a couple 6,500k CFLs

they are stretching for the light...

After work I'll yank this one out and under the light it goes with the others. So far so good with those.
One concern I had but doesn't seem to be an issue is the temp change from some to under light seeing the T5 does not emit heat. That first batch all have their first true leaves in about 7-8 days.

Sorry, from dome to under light.

I wouldnt worry so much about the heat coming from the lights. Just make sure that the ambient tempterature is where you want it. The quality of light is what you SHOULD be concerned with. Don't get too caught up in the light-hype! lol If you are going to grow completely indoors, or just want to spend the money because you have it, get the expensive stuff. I use cheap lights and at 2 1/2 months have leaves that are the size of my palm. Just make sure that the light you are giving them isnt too close, but isnt too far away. I usually keep my lights 4-6" away from my plants.
Also, at the same time, bottom-feeding will help stimulate root growth. Which, in turn, will help the plant grow taller AND stronger.

Back