• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Guajillo Mirasol Pepper

I Have a Gazillion Seeds For Guajillo, aka Mirasol Pepper, I heard It has a Fruity taste like berry tea, I was thinking of Growing them but does anyone Grow them, and If anyone Wants any Let me know I can spare alot of them for free

Well all my other seeds are still on the seeds starters trying to germinate, Im pretty sure they are doing ok, a bit more time and I will have some seedlings, I found that the hardest part of gardening is waiting on them to grow but Im loving it ^_^

they make excellant chile powder and do have a slight berry flavor there thin skinned and dry very easily good pepper not very hot at all only around 500 to 800 shu i growing the the yellow version this year its actually a baccatum " Aji Amarillo Mirasol"not related directly to your which is an annum thanks your friend Joe

Oh wow just googled the yellow version and its such a nice pepper, I want to grow rare and beautiful peppers, and to tell you the truth a pepper plant makes a beautiful house plant, I just love other veggie plants for looks

Oh wow just googled the yellow version and its such a nice pepper, I want to grow rare and beautiful peppers, and to tell you the truth a pepper plant makes a beautiful house plant, I just love other veggie plants for looks
the yellow one im growing is AJI AMARILLO MIRASOL
yes they do make a nice house plant i am now caring for an ornimental called "SANGRIA" that i gave to my late niece AMANDA WHO PAST AWAY AT AGE 21 MARCH 5th 2011 i gave it to her as a gift shortly before she past away
its a nice plant, i cut it back about 3 months ago and its coming back very bushy and even has one pepper so far

thanks your friend Joe

Oh im sorry to hear that, and just looking at that plant on google with some purple peppers looks amazing, Im looking over my seedlings which one will make a better hose plant, over my Manzano pepper bhut jolokia or scorpion trinidad

Oh im sorry to hear that, and just looking at that plant on google with some purple peppers looks amazing, Im looking over my seedlings which one will make a better hose plant, over my Manzano pepper bhut jolokia or scorpion trinidad
thats ok i will see her again someday soon the peppers are not worth EATING NO TASTE AND NO HEAT just nice to look at, the manzano would be a good choice for a house plant but they tend to get huge hope this helps thaks your friend Joe

Oh mmm idk if I want a huge plant lol I'm growin so many pepper plants its hard to choose but for now I guess I will be trimming the manzano I also got a small parsley plant on a small bonsai pot just for looks, Im going to keep it small, I just love Nature and Art I laso photograph nature I love plants
2012-01-17090332.jpg

Hey Joe, Aji Amarillo Mirasol is the same as Aji Amarillo, just that the fruit has been dried in the sun. At least in Chile, Peru, and Bolivia. Fresh and ripe they are sold as Aji Amarillo, fresh and green they are sold as Aji Verde, Ripe and dried in the sun, they are sold as Aji Mirasol Amarillo/Amarillo Mirasol. However, other Ajies may be sold green as Aji "Verde" as well. It's a lot different than Mexican terminology where "Mirasol" may be used more literally, for fruits that point up.

Guajillo when dry, Mirasol (whether pointing up or down) when fresh, are great versatile chiles, I would recommend growing some even though dried pods are easily found in any tienda or supermercado.

Hey Joe, Aji Amarillo Mirasol is the same as Aji Amarillo, just that the fruit has been dried in the sun. At least in Chile, Peru, and Bolivia. Fresh and ripe they are sold as Aji Amarillo, fresh and green they are sold as Aji Verde, Ripe and dried in the sun, they are sold as Aji Mirasol Amarillo/Amarillo Mirasol. However, other Ajies may be sold green as Aji "Verde" as well. It's a lot different than Mexican terminology where "Mirasol" may be used more literally, for fruits that point up.

Guajillo when dry, Mirasol (whether pointing up or down) when fresh, are great versatile chiles, I would recommend growing some even though dried pods are easily found in any tienda or supermercado.

yes im quite aware of these explainations thank you, i grow aji yellow every year, its one of my favorites, its a very versitile pepper and i love cooking with them, its mirasol in spanish and CHI THIEN or sometime CHI CHIEN in Chinese they both mean "facing the sun" but in Chinese from what i know it is directly refering to the fact that the peppers grows straight up

dried pods are not too easy to find where i am, i can find AJI PANCA in dried pods but only AJI AMARILLO in paste form,maybe i will search a little more, the store around me dont carry too much of this kind of product as there are not too many Peruvians in my region, i find more mexican products and thats due to the fact that it is popular here
also i have a friend who grows AJI YELLOW every year in his commercial farm he grows about 50 to 60 plants a year because he does get a few peruvian and other customers that love them like me, i also use them as an accent to one of my hot sauces i make, i also grow AJI OMNI-COLOR and am also growing AJI PINEAPPLE THERE WONDERFUL TOO!!!
thanks for your shout out, your friend AJIJOE

Ah ok, just wanted to make sure no one made the same mistake I made some time ago and think they are two different types of ajies. I can only find the dried amarillo, panca and limo rojo online, but I can find tons and tons of Guajillo, they literally have bins full of them at some of the local tiendas!

Ah ok, just wanted to make sure no one made the same mistake I made some time ago and think they are two different types of ajies. I can only find the dried amarillo, panca and limo rojo online, but I can find tons and tons of Guajillo, they literally have bins full of them at some of the local tiendas!

ok thanks your friend Joe

Back