• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Guitarman 2016: colourful heat

Hi guys, it's time to open my 2016 glog. eventhough i put the first seeds in the dirt in January.
Last year i had 80% or more of my list being composed by superhots, some unstable hybrids which turned out to be different from what i expected.
So this year i went on less superhots (half of the varieties, or less) and more classic and colourful ones.
At the moment i have about 100 plants, but i plan to end up with 65-70, i'll give away the remaining to some friends, i only keep them for the first months in case of death of other plants.
So here's what i'm growing:

C.Chinense

Chocolate Brainstrain
CPR
Carolina Reaper
Chocolate Moruga
Bhut Jolokia Yellow
Bhut Jolokia Peach
Bhut Jolokia Caramel
Bih Jolokia #1 Assam
7 Pod Brown
7 Pod Burgundy
7 Pod Jonah
7 Pod Primo Orange (wicked)
7 Pod Congo SR
Peach Congo PL
CARDI Scorpion
Chocolate Madballz
Yellow Douglah
SB7J
Fatalii
Malaysian Goronong
Chocolate Scotch Bonnet
MOA Scotch Bonnet
Pimenta da Neyde
Cumari ou Passarinho PI497985
Cheiro Roxa
CGN 21500
Pimenta Lisa
Snow White
Cheiro do Norte
Aji Jobito

C.Annuum

Giant Jalapeno
Jalapeno M
Orange Jalapeno
Peter Pepper Yellow
Golden Nugget
Golden Treasure
Black Pearl
Criolla de Cocina
Arroz con Pollo

C.Baccatum

Aji White Fantasy
El Oro de Ecuador

I would like to thank Pepperfriends.com, Pepperlover.com, Semillas, standbyandfire, Trident chili, Meatfreak, Cappy, Juanitos, Lindbergh, John Ford and Butch T for the seeds, i'm waiting for a few ones, i will add them soon as they arrive.
I would also like to thank Nigel and Bill Moore for providing some great pod reviews that convinced me to put some varieties in the list.

Thank you for watching, i will end this post with a few pic of the plants!

Pimenta da Neyde

Fatalii

Carolina Reaper

7 Pod Burgundy

Choco Brainstrain

Cheiro Roxa

Cheers everybody!!!

Roberto

Trident chilli said:
Great list my man ... you certainly have some beautiful healthy plants ... looks like it's going to be a good season for you and I wish you all the very best

meatfreak said:
Good luck with the season! You got a nice selection of varieties there :)

Thank you both John and Stefan, some of the seeds for those plants came from you! ;)

THP is such an amazing place!!!

Hi folks!!! :D
Thinking about a little update on this year's glog!
Spring is coming, temperatures are a little bit raised even here in Milan, that pushed me to speed up some steps with the plants: i have now about 100 growing, received few seeds from Tom (cloudhand) and some sprouted few days ago (Chocolate BBG7 and Congo x Naga Chocolate).
I took the bigger plants and transplanted in some Yogurt jars (500ml), and this will be the intermediate step before the 10-12 litres around end of april-beginning of may.
I also started to hardening them off, just to get acclimate with sunlight: i had a couple of burnt leaves, but i took the risk and it seems like nothing dangerous.

Here some pics!!!

"The 3 musketeers" ;) Pimenta da Neyde, Cheiro Roxa, Pimenta Lisa from Stefan(Meatfreak)

The charming, beautiful, Pimenta da Neyde, from Semillas

Bhut Jolokia Yellow

Chocolate Primo Reaper, from Butch T

Cumari ou Passarinho, interesting Chinense from Brazil

Healthy, vigorous Burgundy 7 Pot, again from Stefan ;)

Carolina Reaper and Fatalii, from Pepperfriends

And Chocolate Brain Strain, from John Ford (i also have the PepperRidgeFarm's strain growing)

Finger crossed and hope everything keeps going good!!!

See you soon!!!

Roberto

Very nice Roberto!

I'm impressed for sure.

My fathers side of the family is from the Milan area, came here in 1917 and had homes here and there, one of these days I will visit and try to look up some of my distant relatives.

Post some videos of your guitar playing, I'd love to hear them!

Good luck this season, you're off to a great start!

Devv said:

What Scott said. :party:

I know it is called a Glog, but it is really just your own personal thread to post whatever you think is cool, but just focus on peppers for Pookie's sake. :D   We have guns, guitars, dogs, lots of cooking and good food, hydroponics not related to peppers and all kinds of other stuff in these threads.

Devv said:
Very nice Roberto!

I'm impressed for sure.

My fathers side of the family is from the Milan area, came here in 1917 and had homes here and there, one of these days I will visit and try to look up some of my distant relatives.

Good luck this season, you're off to a great start!

Thank you Devv!!! ;) which part of Milan exactly? Btw i'm more a guitar lover than a guitar player, i'm a lousy one :D

Jeff H said:

What Scott said. :party:

I know it is called a Glog, but it is really just your own personal thread to post whatever you think is cool, but just focus on peppers for Pookie's sake. :D   We have guns, guitars, dogs, lots of cooking and good food, hydroponics not related to peppers and all kinds of other stuff in these threads.

As i said to Scott, i'm better in enjoying guitar playing than playing myself! :D
I'd post some as soon as i can, but be careful to have very low expectations!!!

Meanwhile i can show you one of my babies... ;)

Thank you very much Jeff!

Roberto

Guitarman said:

Thank you Devv!!! ;) which part of Milan exactly? Btw i'm more a guitar lover than a guitar player, i'm a lousy one :D

As i said to Scott, i'm better in enjoying guitar playing than playing myself! :D
I'd post some as soon as i can, but be careful to have very low expectations!!!

Meanwhile i can show you one of my babies... ;)

Thank you very much Jeff!

Roberto
 Hi Roberto,

Nice guitar! I love the blue! Here's a pic of the "Mid Night Special" I built last year, http://www.devtex.net/2015/201.jpg

I'm just learning, got about 15 months under my belt. But it's starting to click! Looking forward to one of your vids! I wish I had started like 40 years ago. I'm torn between the Les Paul, SG, and Strat.

Not sure what part of Milan we're from, Dad doesn't talk too much about his ancestry, never has.

Wishing you continued success!

Scott

Very nice Les Paul Roberto. :onfire:

Looks like this year we are talking guitars, I have a few, and this is one of my favorite for certain types of music. Here is my Schecter Hellraiser.

20140710_195433.jpg

Hi guys! A little ( :D ...) late but with a few pics of my last year's grow!

PRIMOs Red and Yellow

MOA Scotch Bonnet

Yellow Bhut Jolokia

Bih Jolokia #1 Assam

CGN 21500

Cheiro do Norte

Congo x Naga Chocolate (Cloudhand's cross)

Chocolate Brain Strain

El oro de Ecuador (C.Baccatum)

Goronong

I will use this topic for my 2017 Glog too...Pics coming soon!   ;)

2017 LIST

C.Chinense:
  • 7 Pot Primo (seeds from Troy Primo)
  • 7 Pot Barrackpore
  • Bhut Jolokia Texas Gold
  • Bhut Indian Carbon
  • Bih Jolokia #1 Assam
  • Big Bang Chocolate Naga
  • Sherwood's Carbonero Orange
  • Fatalii
  • Orange Freeport Scotch Bonnet
  • Purple Habanero
  • Bonda ma Jacques
  • Bahamian Goat
  • Aji Dulce Amarillo
  • Long Yellow Pear Shaped
  • Sweet Datil
C.Annuum:
  • Farmer's Market Jalapeno
  • Aleppo
  • Shishito
  • Albanian Red Hot
  • Bulgarian Carrot
  • Count Dracula
Thanks for tuning in, I will update as soon as I can!

Cheers!

Roberto

Beautiful photos(and peppers)!

I'm in love with those Goronongs. How's the taste? Actually...I don't even care, they look so beautiful that they're definitely on my grow list for next year!

Jubnat said:
Beautiful photos(and peppers)!

I'm in love with those Goronongs. How's the taste? Actually...I don't even care, they look so beautiful that they're definitely on my grow list for next year!
Thank you so much! Goronong is an interesting variety from Malaysia: around habanero heat level, kind of sweet, citrusy flavour and thick walls. And it is a really prolific plant!!!
I got a package of seeds that Peter from Semillas sent me and I couldn't use, if you want to grow it I can send it to you!

Guitarman said:
Thank you so much! Goronong is an interesting variety from Malaysia: around habanero heat level, kind of sweet, citrusy flavour and thick walls. And it is a really prolific plant!!!
I got a package of seeds that Peter from Semillas sent me and I couldn't use, if you want to grow it I can send it to you!
Thanks, but what's the cheapest way to send something overseas?
Seems like it would be too much.

Back