• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies GUNS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
salsalady said:
And what are those hooligans up to? I remember an update a couple years ago.

If the lovely talented lady is still in the picture, I'm sure she can handle the cell phoane camera. Just sayin`!!! :lol:

Excellent point!......and she just got her very own gun!

kxD3p6O.jpg

*Don't tell her I posted that photo......she's a really good shot!  :P

The boys (now 22!) are doing great! They both moved to Oklahoma and have very sweet girlfriends and seem very content.

HaQmbfX.jpg

NRTY3Fj.jpg

:)

EXCELLENT!  I hope she and I can have some time on a range together sometime.  You would be invited to come along for the fun, of course!~~~  ;)

DANG!  Kids growing up, crazy how fast it happens.  SalsaKid moved out about 8 months ago.  We should be visiting him in the next week or so, will post pics~

Beautiful family paulky!  :P  

All this talk about Rugers and such, made me dust off an old project I started some years ago. I Took an old violin case (or fiddle, I don't know the difference) and refinished it. Polished up the brassware and sprayed with clear coat. I'd even managed to make a key for the simple lock, but time has seen it disappear. At any rate, I was rolling along, ran out of green felt and just never picked it back up to finish. I'll add it to the 2019 "to-do" list.

Behold my first semi-auto P89  9 mil.

rug1.jpg

rug2.jpg

rug3.jpg

rug4.jpg

rug5.jpg

rug6.jpg

rug7.jpg

I agree. Good solid shooter.

The original PC carbines years ago would accept those mags which was my interest at the time. I was hoping the new PC carbine came in 40 cal so I could use my Glock mags with it the same as my original Kel-Tec sub 2000. It looks like it is only chambered in 9 mil. currently. I may hold out in hopes a 40 cal comes along, if not, I reckon I gotta go with 9 mil and just purchase new mags..

WarrantMan said:
I agree. Good solid shooter.

The original PC carbines years ago would accept those mags which was my interest at the time. I was hoping the new PC carbine came in 40 cal so I could use my Glock mags with it the same as my original Kel-Tec sub 2000. It looks like it is only chambered in 9 mil. currently. I may hold out in hopes a 40 cal comes along, if not, I reckon I gotta go with 9 mil and just purchase new mags..

Wow! That case is really really neat!

You know.....the word around the campfire is that the design of the bolt assembly and the removable bolt face would  indicate that, at some time in the future, they will design conversion kits for other calibers. All you'd really need to do is change out the bolt face and the barrel.

FmK9WWI.jpg

This rifle would be a hoot in 10mm!  ;)

Hab_Nut said:
Linda watches a channel that shows old black-and-white westerns. One of them is Wanted Dead or Alive, with a young Steve McQueen. He plays a bounty hunter and carries what looks like a giant pistol.

I looked it up, it's a shortened Winchester rifle - shortened barrel and shortened stock. Ir was called a mare's leg

I was born.

The year that show came out.

I remember watching it.

As a four or five year old.

In syndication by then.

Its funny how I remember.

So many 'thangs.

Of when I was small child.

And yet.

I've been told.

That I'm 60 years old now.

I forgot it was my birthday.

I figured it out though.

But had to count.

All my fingers and toes.

To do the math.

I am so relieved.

Because.

I'm really.

23 years old.

Step to the beat of my heart.

paulky_2000 said:
Been selling-off some of my (not firearms) drawer-dwellers in the gun room......sights....stocks....misc. parts........posting them on eBay....

....I've made $1400 since Friday. 

Daddy needs a stainless exhaust for the Solstice!

You'd make a shit ton( Official SoFloUnitofmeasurement) more.

If you cleaned out.

And posted.

Those two desk drawers.

Full of holsters.

I had a S&W 19-5 for a while, black finish and a 6-inch barrel. Linda took it away from her son and gave it to me. I eventually gave it back because I assumed it had been stolen.

I did take it to a range, once. I like how revolvers don't leave bullet casings.

Hab_Nut said:
I had a S&W 19-5 for a while, black finish and a 6-inch barrel. Linda took it away from her son and gave it to me. I eventually gave it back because I assumed it had been stolen.

I did take it to a range, once. I like how revolvers don't leave bullet casings.

I had a Model 19 back in the early 80's.

In nickel.

Loved it looooong time.

It came with bigass walnut grips.

I changed them out for Hogue's to fit my little hands.

The friend that sold it to me.

Later changed his mind about it.

And I sold it back to him.

Regretted that ever since.

As for spent brass casings....

Thats evidence.

I bet that in Californistan.

You could be charged with evidence tampering.

Even in a justified defensive shoot.

By leaving the scene with the revolver.

With the spent brass still in the gun.

In Texas.

Thats just cleaning up after yourself.

On another note.

And I've it said before.

The SCOTUS has ruled.

That police have no obligation.

To protect you.

Arm yourself.

Because. 

No one else will save you.

And when the cops do show up.

Keep your trap shut!

They get paid to figure shit out.

I love and respect our LEO's.

A job I would never want to do.

But lemme' 'splain Lucy.

Their job is to detain.

Site.

And arrest.

The prosecutors job is to try and convict.

The judges job is to hear and sentence.

Any thing you say can.

And will be used against you.

Even if you are innocent.

Keep you mouth shut!

Any questions?

QjhBSP4.jpg

oEO6eBZ.jpg

2c3v2g0.jpg

hJbDcXL.jpg

1Ope2Gl.jpg

h8iP2Sh.jpg

N7N00gZ.jpg

WefaS8T.png

boZsy1i.jpg

MPxLd1P.jpg

kPx0jDG.jpg

800 yard iron sight shooting with SCAR

RbQ0Z1i.jpg

snba0XF.jpg

I'm an NRA certified rifle, pistol, shotgun instructor, NRA certified chief range safety officer, NRA high power and small bore rifle competition official / coach, long distance (f-class) coach, NRA Range Operations and Range Development trained, IL State Police Concealed Carry instructor, and half a lifetime ago trained US Marines on Soviet Bloc small arms prior to deployment (contracted civilian), and I've guest starred on adventure sports outdoors to cover defensive pistol shooting on the TV show.

I also grow peppers at the farm. :)

2019 glog

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/70593-2019-the-farm/

2018 glog

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/67036-2018-the-farm/

TrentL said:
QjhBSP4.jpg

oEO6eBZ.jpg

2c3v2g0.jpg

hJbDcXL.jpg

1Ope2Gl.jpg

h8iP2Sh.jpg

N7N00gZ.jpg

WefaS8T.png

boZsy1i.jpg

MPxLd1P.jpg

kPx0jDG.jpg

800 yard iron sight shooting with SCAR

RbQ0Z1i.jpg

snba0XF.jpg

I'm an NRA certified rifle, pistol, shotgun instructor, NRA certified chief range safety officer, NRA high power and small bore rifle competition official / coach, long distance (f-class) coach, NRA Range Operations and Range Development trained, IL State Police Concealed Carry instructor, and half a lifetime ago trained US Marines on Soviet Bloc small arms prior to deployment (contracted civilian), and I've guest starred on adventure sports outdoors to cover defensive pistol shooting on the TV show.

I also grow peppers at the farm. :)

2019 glog

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/70593-2019-the-farm/

2018 glog

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/67036-2018-the-farm/

You look far too much like ASH from "Evil Dead" to NOT invite to the Circle-H  for some shooting and charring of the mammal flesh!

---Hats off to you, sir!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back