• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies GUNS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Testing out some loads yesterday.
357 Magnum, Colt Trooper. Loads were 1 grain more then normal, Ooops.

lRder01.jpg

a9p9qZ9.jpg

dragonsfire said:
Testing out some loads yesterday.
357 Magnum, Colt Trooper. Loads were 1 grain more then normal, Ooops.

lRder01.jpg

a9p9qZ9.jpg

One grain more than your normal load or one grain over Max?   I have a couple of 357 mag loads that you could easily add a grain to install stay under max. 

" One grain more than your normal load or one grain over Max?   I have a couple of 357 mag loads that you could easily add a grain to install stay under max. "
Over max.

The powder I used to use is no longer available so got some Tightgroup, since Im not familiar with it didnt know what kind of loads were proper. On the bottle it says 7.5 grains, but when I go to their website to the calculator it says 3.3 max. My Spear loading book didnt have the current powders listed.
On my Lee loader the last powder disk I used was .66cc (works out to 7.9grs), couldn't find any conversion charts at the time so didnt know how many grains, well the blast was strong enough were I had to hammer out the spent shells :)
Did a load of 50 with 5.1grs, so will check them out tomorrow. 3.3grs I think are meant for 38special.

WarrantMan said:
I've got one as well, only shot a handful of times and have had problems with the magazines not feeding.

Paulky_2000,

How did you mount that rail for the bi-pod?

I drilled and countersunk fasteners under the barrel.....then screwed it into them. It was pretty easy!

dragonsfire said:
" One grain more than your normal load or one grain over Max?   I have a couple of 357 mag loads that you could easily add a grain to install stay under max. "
Over max.

The powder I used to use is no longer available so got some Tightgroup, since Im not familiar with it didnt know what kind of loads were proper. On the bottle it says 7.5 grains, but when I go to their website to the calculator it says 3.3 max. My Spear loading book didnt have the current powders listed.
On my Lee loader the last powder disk I used was .66cc (works out to 7.9grs), couldn't find any conversion charts at the time so didnt know how many grains, well the blast was strong enough were I had to hammer out the spent shells :)
Did a load of 50 with 5.1grs, so will check them out tomorrow. 3.3grs I think are meant for 38special.

Tight group is a Hodgdon powder. Go to their site and lookup the data they have. Quickly looking it over, unless you are using lead bullets, you are under max still. 

paulky_2000 said:

As loud as you believe it is.....

....it's even louder.... ;)

Years ago.

Back in my Alaska days.

I had a Remy 700 stainless in .375H&H.

Sighting it in at the range.

With 240gr. I could only handle about 12 shots.

No muzzle break.

Kicked like a mule.

Loudern' hell.

When shooting at caribou or moose.

I never felt the recoil or heard it.

I have a SAM7FS AK.

7.62 commie.

I can shoot it all day.

Its got a huge dildo of a brake.

But I swear its the loudest 'thang I've ever shot.

Makes the hair stand up on your arms loud.

I have to use plugs and emuffs.

Bad guys.....

Well.

I probably wouldn't hear a 'thang.

And neither would they.

He likes to be liking canned tater salad for targets.

True story.....

The Truth Is Out There........

.......if you can find it........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back