• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies GUNS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WarrantMan said:
My last purchase of such ammo (I believe 4 years ago) was at a price of $89 for a "spam can."  $.22 per round. Current price for same - $209 or $.52 per round... sign-o-the times.

attachicon.gif
spamcan.jpg

Looks like it is time to sell the Mosin. There was no real good reason to own them except for the cheap ammo. I sold my 2 last year. 

texas blues said:
Reload?

Ain't nobody got time for dat!

PFFT. 

If you want to shoot today for a reasonable price, you are reloading. ( with components bought before the panic) 

the progressive presses run 400-800 rounds an hour. Certainly you can find the time. 

50rds/22min casual loading for me, 40 year old 3turret press, and when you have your loading data on point then you got gold :) Allot more versatility when you make your own.

Well poop. My Perf. Center M&P9 is getting sent in for warranty...
PC 2.0 S&W M&P9.jpg

Only a few hundred rounds in and my shiny mirror smooth stainless steel barrel is developing severe orbital scoring.
M&P barrel2.jpg

Thing is, I think this may well become a recall issue, as I'm not the only owner with this complaint.
The slide has a machined lip inside the forward end, which makes it the ONLY possible point of contact.
I just got the Fedx label from CS, I'm gonna miss the damn thing.

I think my next handheld will be a good old fashioned wheel gun...

Do not ported barells fired in the dark have the potential to flash and temporarily blind you?  I have been told this from persons more experienced than I.  Was going to buy a big, nasty revolver with a ported barrel, but was advised against it for that reason.  Daylight is open season.  No skin in this game yet, but because it came up a few years ago, maybe some other opinions? (please keep it clean).

OK ... right up front .... I'm just an out of touch old man and live on a farm in the heartland.  I went out to buy some .22LR ammo .... JFC!!!!!  I can't find it and the stuff I can find is very expensive.  Any help?  I apologize if this question is a repeat of many.  

Things are getting hard to find down under too.

I should be ok for a while because I have stocks of reloading supplies to keep me happy, but ammo and reloading stuff are running out.

The problem here is that we are a relatively small market at the far end of the supply chain, so things won't look better for a looooong time for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back