• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies GUNS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aero Precision AR10 Goodness coming my way.......

6aI2Z8z.jpg

kTZGqmW.jpg

.....should be here tomorrow!

***Already ordered optics......muzzle device....2.5 LB trigger.....and a new grip.....

......more to follow!***

Rare sight now.
Got my primers today and lucky to have them, had to order them from BC $145, stores here been out for about a year, hard to shoot without primers. Going to be a bad year for ammo, guy at store was telling me he had one box of 357 left and that will be it, all distributors in Ca are out, lucky I got lots of that caliber already loaded, with a spare 1000 bag 156gr.

95VSlan.jpg

Is their a popular reliable inexpensive shotgun that people in general recommend?
Never owned a rifle/shotgun, so youtube my only info right now. Looking at the Mossberg 500 12g about $500 here. Hear Remington rusts easily nowadays.
Haven't gone out to see how they feel, just want learn ad much as I can before going to the store. Potential use for home defense and who knows, maybe bird hunting in the future.
Thanks!

My daughter bought a new Remington 870 about a year ago.  We cannot tell the difference in the finish when compared to my 20 year old 870.  They look and feel the same.  She keeps hers cleaned and oiled as she shoots it regularly, but the finish has given her zero issues so far.

Hard to go wrong with either.
Lots to be said for a decent semiautomatic too.
No matter what, if you're not familiar with shotguns I highly recommend taking a shotgun class and practice, practice, practice.
For home defense practice is invaluable in high stress situations one can short stroke a pump action, And with a semi-automatic be sure to load full power, high brass to avoid any malfunctions related to ammo.

I have an almost 30 year old Remy 870 Express.

And a Mossy 590 Shockwave.

I don't run slugs in 'em.

#4 buck.

On another note...

Years ago I had Mossy 500 Cruiser that I was given that had a broken safety.

I took it to a gun shop in Anchorage that catered heavily to police.

The armorer there was former military and ex police.

When I gave him the gun he shot the receiver full of brake clean and all kine of crap fell out of it.

He fixed the safety ricky tick and advised me to lightly oil the slide and exterior.

And run the receiver dry.

That gun was a working guide gun and didn't always get the GI treatment after shooting.

But it always ran no matter the ammo or the weather.

Good advice I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back