• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies GUNS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ChileRelleno said:
I chose #4 buck for the house too.
Pray I never need it.
Betting it doesn't over penetrate like 00.
After reading this book by a very knowledgeable person on the subject I have my Mossberg 500 tactical shotgun loaded with Federal magnum 00 buck rounds. 15 pellets per shot is devastating if you aim well. I dont believe in the over penetration argument that some pose.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ADT1NTA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_QBSRPWZF85Q6S5QSQ9YR

Does airsoft count? We actually get to shoot people with these ones! Can't wait for our fields to open up this spring. Planning a trip to Rev XI at Ballahack this fall as well.

My wife's Lancer Tactical M4 and my CYMA AK-47.
rsz_20210220_122400.jpg

Proud Marine Dad said:
After reading this book by a very knowledgeable person on the subject I have my Mossberg 500 tactical shotgun loaded with Federal magnum 00 buck rounds. 15 pellets per shot is devastating if you aim well. 

Ah, but your Mossy doesn't slam-fire, does it...?

https://gundigest.com/more/classic-guns/classic-guns-winchester-model-1897-pump-action-shotgun

Granted, mine is in 16 guage and chambered in 2 & 9/16" (local stores and 99% of online retailers think I have a third eye when I ask), but boy does it feel cool to operate...

dragonsfire said:
How many people here do their own reloading?
Calibers?
How often you shoot?

9/32/38/357.
150 rounds/week.
I used to reload for .22-250, .223, .35 Rem and .30-06.

Sold all my reloading equipment a while back.

dragonsfire said:
How many people here do their own reloading?
Calibers?

6.5 Grendel, 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5 PRC.

I load exactly one load (brass/primer/powder/projectile combo) for each caliber, and buy quality components.  Cheaper than factory, but not by much.  But no factory ammo would satisfy my demands.  I don't shoot a lot of rounds, but I shoot such that every one of them absolutely counts.  Only own one semi-auto, and it never has, never will, see a mag dump.  Honestly, I never keep more than 100 handloaded rounds per caliber, on deck. 

Oh yeah, also, I like 6.5mm.

Proud Marine Dad said:
What's, "slam fire?"

You can pull the trigger, hold it there, cycle the pump and fire a round with every pull. That's why WWI vets called it a "trench-broom" and the Germans declared it a weapon of mass destruction, hence illegal for warfare. 

I haven't put a round through it yet, I'm a fourth generation steward and refuse to blow the breech with these new higher powered rounds.

stettoman said:

You can pull the trigger, hold it there, cycle the pump and fire a round with every pull. That's why WWI vets called it a "trench-broom" and the Germans declared it a weapon of mass destruction, hence illegal for warfare. 

I haven't put a round through it yet, I'm a fourth generation steward and refuse to blow the breech with these new higher powered rounds.

But it wasn't actually declared illegal, was it?  My understanding is just that they wanted it declared such - and when they were told to "suck it up", they threatened to torture anyone caught with one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back