• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies GUNS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot of new gun owners out there these days.

Some like to help each other practice.

B5B97823-71C0-49E4-9BDB-FA78D9B28209.jpeg

Sheeesh.
So many Darwin awards....

Seriously....

...I have some pretty cool new things that I'd love to share.......but, if this current administration can vilify an entire race and is looking to do the same to gun owners......

....I'll refrain. ;)

Last edited:
Seriously....

...I have some pretty cool new things that I'd love to share.......but, if this current administration can vilify an entire race and is looking to do the same to gun owners......

....I'll refrain. ;)

Just count your blessings that the Communist invaders forgot to get our GUNS first LMAO!
It just means like many other country's, we can repel the invaders. MAGA! if we have the Balls to take her back.

What does OSHA say about having live ammo in the same proximity as functioning Firearms on a film set?
It does not take a rocket to see this could never happen in safe controlled environment. Maybe the rules are different for those in Hollyweed.

After hearing this, my thoughts were....why were there live rounds on a movie set in the first place? 30 years ago (or so) I heard about an actor who put the gun with blanks in it to his temple and pulled the trigger, killing himself.
This might be what I'm remembering-

Does anyone powdercoat their own home cast boolits here? I opted for Dillon blue to match my XL750 reloading setup. I cook them after coating in a toaster oven that I bought from a garage sale for $5:

20210313_154827.jpg

This is what they look like when loaded into 9mm cartridges:
20210313_155257.jpg

I really don't use my 4500 Lube Sizer anymore. I find these so less messy, don't dirty your gun and send clouds of leaded smoke into the air. Plus they're perty.

Last edited:
No, hard to get lead here and not setup for molding, been wanting to though considering the supply issues.
Didnt they stick together like that ? Looks Good!

Last edited:
No, hard to get lead here and not setup for molding, been wanting to though considering the supply issues.
Didnt they stick together like that ? Looks Good!

I've been accumulated lead for more than a couple decades, visiting garages and tire shops all over the place. Often they'd just give them for free - full 5 gallon buckets of clip-ons. Once a guy working at Canadian Tire gave me 4 full buckets, and when I checked again a couple months later another guy said they're not supposed to give them to the public! Lol

I do the turkey fryer thing with a big iron pot, and make ingots using muffin pans. I have no idea how much I have, but for sure it's over 1,000 pounds in the garage. A neighbour gave me a lot of linotype too, and I still have a bit of it but most I sold locally.

I didn't bake the bullets in that pie plate... it's just what I use to pick them up to feed them into the press. I don't have a bullet feeder - just the case feeder. I space them on silicone baking sheets cut to fit the racks in the toaster oven.

That's interesting, especially the handguns from the Czech Republic. The CZ75 is about the most popular base for IPSC Production competition. I have several CZs, including one that's now banned so I can't take it to the range or do anything with it until the government gets their buyback program in place. It's a Scorpion EVO 3, and I loved that carbine because I have about 30 CZ magazines for my handgun that fit it along with unlimited ammo. They better damn well pay me today's replacement cost, because inflation has been a thing!

I have a Shadow 2 that I use mostly for matches, but my favorite for style and (mostly) my own build is this CZ75-B Matt Stainless. I replaced the sights with fiber optic, and grips of course, all the springs, firing pin, and put a competition trigger in it so no more firing pin block! Of course the safety didn't work properly after I thought it was installed perfectly, so I had a gunsmith reshape a part included with the replacement trigger. I always get compliments on it at the range, which might be why it's my favorite. It's a great competition shooter too because the DA trigger pull is just over 8 pounds, and the SA is around 3 pounds, and both smooth as butter.

Here is my gal:

20210627_163221.jpg

IPSC has been getting more and more popular in my city of Ottawa in recent years, and Black Badge courses for the next 2022 season are already completely booked here and at most surrounding ranges. 12 years ago we were lucky to recruit 5 new shooters to a twice yearly course! Lots of younger folks (girls and gals) too, and a few of them are very, very good. Instead of playing video games, they do dry shooting exercises in their basement for an hour or more every night I suppose.

Nice!
I love my SPO1-S, about 8k rounds since last year, sights the only complaint (too much money to upgrade), triggers been broken in nicely, wanted a trigger job at the start but no gunsmith in town. Printed my own grips, like the slender ones, thinking modeling one side to my hand shape.
If reloading supplies don't show up soon wont be shooting. Bought a keg powder last year so will be good for a while on that :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back