Hab/Bhut Jolokia plant questions!

Hello all, this is my very first post on these forums, as I am new to the whole gardening thing, but I come with a few questions! 

0ARE0TD.jpg

(Habanero are the bottom and top left, ghost pepper is bottom and top right.)

I was just wondering if my plants looked healthy to you guys, since you're the pros and I'm the beginner. It seems like a majority of the leaves on my habanero plant are growing at the bottom portion of the it. Not really sure if they're going to fill in as time goes, but it looks really weird!..
And the ghost pepper plant...it's not really tall at all, but there are buds coming out of it already (or what happen to look like buds anyways)...is this normal? Thanks in advance for all the feedback! :)

Bhut_Trolokia said:
Maybe temperatures are a bit on the low side.
Yeah, I live in the Pacific Northwest, so it hasn't gotten very hot here yet, but temperatures have been consistently in the 70s with a couple of days in the low 80's...oh well, I can't wait for summer! haha

Well, I have an adjuma that's still on the small side as well and that's partly due to low temps and not enough hours of sunlight.

Dreamweaver said:
Welcome to THP :)

Natural or artificial light?...how many hours?
Thanks! :)
There wasn't much sun yesterday.. So I put them under a grow light for a couple hours. It was cloudy all day and rained quite a lot, so I moved them in to the garage.

They need 4-6 hours minimum of sun/grow light to take off right now they look a little too compressed.

As above temp range should be 65-85.

Dreamweaver said:
They need 4-6 hours minimum of sun/grow light to take off right now they look a little too compressed.

As above temp range should be 65-85.
Sorry for not knowing, but what do you mean by too compressed? Is there anything that I can do to fix that? Thanks again! :)

xBrianxEdge said:
Sorry for not knowing, but what do you mean by too compressed? Is there anything that I can do to fix that? Thanks again! :)

The opposite of leggy.
Fixing that?
More light and warmth.

Back