• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense habanero chili's

Give them a proper watering though when they really need it, chillis don't like lots of little shallow waterings. I give them enough until I see the water start to come out the bottom of the pot.

Hello greg

Welcome to this humble little cult (oops i mean forum :hell:)

I'm in the newcastle area and i have 3 orange hab plants growing in 3 totally different soil conditions and they just can't be stopped.

If they are getting direct all day sun they will grow and produce like crazy. if they are in a pot just water them every few days or so, or if you see they are in a bit of destress, and if it's in the garden then once a week is all it should need (depending on the soil) as a full size plant.

As a small growing plant it will want a bit of liquid fertilizer once a week as well.

That's what i did with mine and they are going insane.

I planted my habs as seedling in the garden at the end of September and i now have a shopping bag full of fruit and will have another shopping bag full in a month or so, and i have used a heap along the way.

Chillis will grow hotter, bigger, and and more prolific in the warm Australian weather.. Not that we have had much of that in NSW this summer!!!

Just remember that most hot chillis are happier with less rather than more water

Cheers

To Quote Stilzman.....

THey grow like weeds here in Australia.

Orangehabsripeninginpot.jpg

Orangehab.jpg

I have taken litgerally hundreds off 2 plants. They have another hundred pods or more. Im a bit scared. I have enough orange habs to burn down a small town. I have filled a supermarket shopping bac and onto my second...... from 2 plants in a couple of months.

the one in the pot is a better producer but we have had a lot of rain and it sits in the garden and drowns the roots.

cheers

just one question?
how long does it take for the fruit to fully form from the flower, someone told me 90 days? but i thought that was how long the entire plant took to grow?

I planted my orange hab seedlings at the end of september and i picked my first ripe one at the end of december so yeah it was probably about 80 days for me from flower to ripe fruit.

Back