food Habanero poppers ...fantastic

This weekend I had people over for the fights and grilled up a bunch of bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers ... nothing fancy just straight up poppers. They vanished in a flash.

Somewhere on this site I found a recipe for a 7 pot popper. I didn't have seven pots but had some Caribbean reds so I did it up.

Cut off the top and empty out the Caribbean red membranes, stuff with cream cheese ... cut a piece of bacon in half wrap one way...then the other so the entire pepper is wrapped in bacon. Secure with two toothpicks ....grill until bacon is crispy and drizzle with BBQ sauce.

Grill a bit more until the BBQ sauce caramelizes slightly.

The were awesome ... if you haven't yet its a must try recipe. (Search for 7 pod popper )

That sounds delicious. A local bar here does poppers with orange habaneros and real beer batter. Mmmmmm. Can`t wait for all my 7-pots to grow and set fruit!

This weekend I had people over for the fights and grilled up a bunch of bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers ... nothing fancy just straight up poppers. They vanished in a flash.

Somewhere on this site I found a recipe for a 7 pot popper. I didn't have seven pots but had some Caribbean reds so I did it up.

Cut off the top and empty out the Caribbean red membranes, stuff with cream cheese ... cut a piece of bacon in half wrap one way...then the other so the entire pepper is wrapped in bacon. Secure with two toothpicks ....grill until bacon is crispy and drizzle with BBQ sauce.

Grill a bit more until the BBQ sauce caramelizes slightly.

The were awesome ... if you haven't yet its a must try recipe. (Search for 7 pod popper )

No pics? It never happened. :)

Lol... I know ...I thought about taking pics but somewhere between arm bars and KO's, a handle of captain Morgan and cases of micro brews ...the camera was forgotten.

i love the poppers. the supers are a bit much, but still consumable. i like to remove the stem, and chop the pepper in half, long-ways. then i stuff it and wrap it back together with only one half a bacon stip. you gotta get the thick cut bacon, wright brand or the publix brand. works well for me. always amazing, if you can take the heat :flamethrower:

you guys are crazy. I made grilled giant grocery store habanero poppers, and I took half in one bit thinkin the cooking process would have cooled it down. Nope. Not even a little.

I wouldn't dare eat a superhot popper no tanks

these are my boyfriends and mine favoret snack! we just use big orange habaneros, de-seed, stuff with cream chees, and wrap in bacon. Back for about 15 min at 350 and theya re incredible. My friends have started to get addicted to them as well. Cant wait till my gardens ready to try some fresh ones! Mabey even with some Bhuts????

Try smoking them in with apple wood for 45-60min (about 250 degrees) Awesome appetizer!

I cut them in half, stuff with cream cheese, cover that with a slice of swiss and then wrap in bacon. Always a hit... Jalapeno, scotch bon's, habs, or fatalii's.

Back