• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Habanero Sauce

A friend of mine just got back from training in New Mexico and brought back a bottle of "Pure Habanero Red Savina" sauce. :mouthonfire: Has anyone heard of this sauce before and is it good? I'm anxious to try it, but am apprehensive due to the best by date...It has a best by date of 5/12/07. would this still be good if its unopened?

Use some common sense.... Open it after you shake it really good. If it "champagnes" on you, don't eat it. If it doesn't, smell it. You'll know.

IGG... Lemme translate. A "bin" in England is a trash can. Lead is a fairly porous metal. So, a "lead lined bin" is pretty disgusting. Especially if it's old and greasy.

DevilDuck said:
IGG... Lemme translate. A "bin" in England is a trash can. Lead is a fairly porous metal. So, a "lead lined bin" is pretty disgusting. Especially if it's old and greasy.

AH! Got ya! Thanks for the over the pond translation.

shayneyasinski said:
does it have a cork in it???

There is a cork in it and the bottle has a little spout. Ingredients: Habs, salt and vinegar. Pretty simple.

DevilDuck said:
Use some common sense.... Open it after you shake it really good. If it "champagnes" on you, don't eat it. If it doesn't, smell it. You'll know.

DD, you mean if it fizzes and has a rancid smell???

rainbowberry said:
Also put your ear to it when it's opened and if you hear a fizzing sound bin it in a lead-lined bin.

Hot sauces will really fizz when their bad?? :shocked:

imaguitargod said:
Hmmm...a year past it's expiration date....I would not try it.

But...It's unopened :(

this sauce is on my list to try.
but as shane says its not that hot, again shane you eat alot of extract sauces.

what I'm curious about is those bottles that dont have best before dates on them, I've seen plenty of them for sale elsewhere & if you order them then theres a chance you might get those bottles. I try to buy good bottles (the date) but like I said some dont have them.
so what do you all do with hot sauces like this with no best before date ?

Back