• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Habaneros are hotter than my Ghost Peppers

I planted this year both Habanero and Ghost pepper which was my first time to even try the Ghost pepper. I eat habanero's straight all the time usually 2 a day. This year my Habanero's are extreamly hot more than usual. The Ghost peppers I was a little afraid of trying, so after awhile I finally did well I could eat the whole thing no problem and my Habanero's were maybe 2 to sometimes 3 times hotter. So I decided to leave them on the plants longer. It helped they are quite abit hotter but still not as hot as my Habanero. Any ideas to way? Could it be they cross pollinated since i planted them next to each other? Also the Ghost peppers seem to have a sweet tasting flesh(don't know if this is normal seeing its my first time), habanero's taste normal just extreamly hotter.

Thanks

G'day mate I'm new to all this but I love Habs and eat them like skittles a mate gave me a bhut and it burnt from mouth to butt cud feel it go through my system, where did u get ur seed and do u have any pics ? I found the bhut a bit sweet b4 the inferno took over , try yellow 7 they r like Habs on steroids lol

As far as why your habs are hotter than your bhuts i do not know.

A hybrid fruit would only grow from seeds that were from the fruit of a plant that was cross-pollinated. So if these seeds/plants were from a pure strain, you don't have a hybrid.

Can you post a picture of your bhut/ghost? Habs?

Im new here so how do I upload pictures? I will tomorrow when I can take the pics of them. Right now all I have inside are in the food dehydrator.

Cross pollinating will only affect the seeds not the peppers this year. My only guess is your ghost is not pure, is a hybrid with something less hot.

Check out the "Vendor Vault" on this forum.
Lot's of comments on vendors available and many are members on this forum as well.

Back