for-sale Handmade Growler Carriers for sale

I work at a shop that builds murphy beds but business is slow and times are tough so I build and sell things in my spare time for a little extra money.  These are made out of reclaimed pine with 1" oak dowels for the handle.  Since the wood has been repurposed it may have nail/screw holes and various dings but I sanitize the wood, sand and seal it.   I charge $40 which includes shipping anywhere in the US.  They can be stained and I have about 10 colors to choose from.  The last pic is two in Red Chestnut that are getting shipped out today.  They are screwed and glued and coated with a durable water based polyurethane.  If anyone has any interest or questions send me a message or post in this thread.  Thanks.

g1_b03jpk6edn.jpg

g3_kahbzl2yb7.jpg

redchestnut_jpd2sfdysr.jpg

those look great!  Maybe some breweries would be interested, put their label on either side and seal over it. 

salsalady said:
those look great!  Maybe some breweries would be interested, put their label on either side and seal over it. 
awesome idea.   
Dorkasaurus said:
 We have about eight local breweries and I'll be giving them my pitch next week.  Fingers crossed.
start making a 4 pack holder also.  

the one and only growler i own came from deschutes. when i was there i watched several people walking out with two in each hand.

If you can get ahold of a label from the brewery ahead of time, tape or use rubber cement to affix the label to the carrier before going in to the brewery.  Tape or rubber cement lets you change labels from one brewery to the next.  ;)  If they see "their" logo on the carrier, they're much more likely to order. 

Good Luck!  Hope you get some good orders!

I like that they are made with recycled wood.  People will love that.  If there was a way to (quickly and easily) get that stamped or burned on the carrier, that will help sales also. 

salsalady said:
If you can get ahold of a label from the brewery ahead of time, tape or use rubber cement to affix the label to the carrier before going in to the brewery.  Tape or rubber cement lets you change labels from one brewery to the next.  ;)  If they see "their" logo on the carrier, they're much more likely to order. 

Good Luck!  Hope you get some good orders!

I like that they are made with recycled wood.  People will love that.  If there was a way to (quickly and easily) get that stamped or burned on the carrier, that will help sales also. 

The shop I work at doesn't have anything to stamp it with, and a custom branding iron is a couple of hundred bucks so that ain't happening.  Wife works in printing though so she should be able to smuggle out some labels for me.

sicman said:
awesome idea.   

start making a 4 pack holder also.  

the one and only growler i own came from deschutes. when i was there i watched several people walking out with two in each hand.
I'm working on a 12 pack model for the really thirsty people :P

A lot of people do their small batch ferments (hot sauce) in growlers, and you might be able to think of some way to incorporate that into your growler carrier.

chsy83 said:
A lot of people do their small batch ferments (hot sauce) in growlers, and you might be able to think of some way to incorporate that into your growler carrier.
 I didn't know this.  Not sure what I would change or add to them but still interesting to think about.

pshngo said:
what size growlers?I think a 6 pk for 32oz growlette would be cool
I had somebody ask me to make them a standard six pack carrier, and another person inquired about something to hold six 22oz bottles but I didn't know anybody sold 32oz "growlettes".  Learned two new things today.

Since non of the breweries here sell 32oz bottles if you get me some measurements or even a couple of pics of one next to a standard 64oz or 22oz bottle I'll see what I can do. 

Back