• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Hardening off - quick question

Thanks to the good folks here coaching me through a couple steps, I've got some youngins' ready for transplant.

Do you harden off in the solo cup or transplant (3 gallon containers in my case) and then harden off?

I would harden off then transplant, it makes moving 100 plant much easier if it requires it, the weather this year has been unpredictable, all I need to do to make it rain is water my plants

I harden off under my car port where the morning sun would end by 9-11 am depending on where I put them, then move them into full sun gradually, because harden can = shock, transplanting can = shock, only do one at a time for best results

I grow my plants in 16oz cups until they are well established and ready for the garden. I slowly harden for a week, then plant them in the garden late in the evening when it's cooler. I give the new transplants a thorough, one time watering with 2 drops Superthive per gallon. A lot of people will tell you that Superthive does no good, but I've had good experience with it.

Back