• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Have i finally located them??

Not the largest examples but have i finally got hold of some Moruga's?? These are marketed as Trinidad Moruga's however some of the customers have cast doubt on whether these are pure moruga or hybrid. To me they look good and taste great.

and next to a chocolate habanero..

Nigel said:
I`d say not moruga blend. Denniz`s are true to type.
So what could it be??

If it helps the flavour was quiet naga like with a trinidad scorpion undertone. Could it be a cross of the two??

It was exceptionally hot, however the worst of the burn was reserved for the mid esophagus region leading to nasty gagging and sensation of wanting to spew.

I just cut a pod in two and it smells like my Dorsets... Obviously not a Dorset naga so I hybrid naga/ 7 pod??

scotchnaga85 said:
So what could it be??

If it helps the flavour was quiet naga like with a trinidad scorpion undertone. Could it be a cross of the two??

It was exceptionally hot, however the worst of the burn was reserved for the mid esophagus region leading to nasty gagging and sensation of wanting to spew.

I just cut a pod in two and it smells like my Dorsets... Obviously not a Dorset naga so I hybrid naga/ 7 pod??
Sounds like a Naga cross. Could well be Moruga x some sort of Naga and probably unintentional. That would be a cool cross that would undoubtedly be very hot. It will be impossible to figure it out, but it is a very good looking pod. 

Nigel said:
Sounds like a Naga cross. Could well be Moruga x some sort of Naga and probably unintentional. That would be a cool cross that would undoubtedly be very hot. It will be impossible to figure it out, but it is a very good looking pod. 
They're growing them commercially on a small scale. This is their first year growing commercially but I'm guessing they probably grew on a large scale last year too as they have designed a range of products already based on the verieties of chillies they grow. Also they would have needed to build a good seed crop.
Next year they are going to move to a larger plot of plans where they should be able to grow 100's of thousands of plants.

All this in mind I'm going to assume that whatever this Moruga cross is its stable cross.

Back