• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Have question on pepper names

the following 4 sets of pepper names
are they two different types or the same
for example is 7-pot red and Trinidad 7-pot red the same the same pepper or two different peppers?

1. Butch T Scorpion
2. Trinidad Scorpion Butch T

3. 7 pot Red
4. 7 Pot Yellow

5. Trinidad 7-pot red
6. Trinidad 7-pot yellow

7. Trinidad scorpion yellow CARDI strain
8. Scorpion Cardi Yellow (Giant)

i believe 7 and 8 may be different as Cardi is known for large strains like WEST INDIAN RED HABANERO
which is a huge red hab they developed so reason would dictate that because one is "GIANT" i would say one is regular strain and the the other Giant

there are many species out there with two and sometimes even more names
take for instance>>

WHITE "BULLET" HABANERO its also called

Peruvian White and White Jellybean some if not most names are marketing names

hope this helps

thanks your friend Joe

While we're on the subject...Are the Canario and the Rocoto Yellow the same?
yes i do believe so

Canario is canary(the bird) in Spanish and Canaries are yellow
it think its sort of like AJI AMARILLO and AJI YELLOW there one in the same, one is the Spanish name and the other is English >> "AMARILLO" is yellow in Spanish
hope this helps

thanks your friend JOE

WHITE "BULLET" HABANERO its also called
Peruvian White[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] and [/background]White Jellybean[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] some if not most names are marketing names[/background]

hey Joe, that shouldn't really be completely true as white bullet is a US federal trade marked name, much like red savina; that would be saying that all red habaneros and red savina are the same just with a different name for marketing purposes. one would think that the company that requested and got trade marked names (TM) had to prove some unique differences otherwise the federal regulated group would be a big waste of time. some where along the line GNS and Redwood had to design a product that represented stable uniqueness; many stories around the red savina and its blend.

i was hoping to have a chance to do and actual white peruvian and white bullet comparison in 2012 but none of my peruvian's germinated and the i thought i was lucky enough to find a white bullet hab at a hydroponic garden centre - it turned out to be a gold bullet which i had grown in years past.

i think it is important to try and find out when a (TM) product is purchased what went into the product and what to expect as an end result.

keep up your good work on the forum Joe.

hey Joe, that shouldn't really be completely true as white bullet is a US federal trade marked name, much like red savina; that would be saying that all red habaneros and red savina are the same just with a different name for marketing purposes. one would think that the company that requested and got trade marked names ™ had to prove some unique differences otherwise the federal regulated group would be a big waste of time. some where along the line GNS and Redwood had to design a product that represented stable uniqueness; many stories around the red savina and its blend.

i was hoping to have a chance to do and actual white peruvian and white bullet comparison in 2012 but none of my peruvian's germinated and the i thought i was lucky enough to find a white bullet hab at a hydroponic garden centre - it turned out to be a gold bullet which i had grown in years past.

i think it is important to try and find out when a ™ product is purchased what went into the product and what to expect as an end result.

keep up your good work on the forum Joe.
yes but there so similar that it seems the line has been crossed and really there's not much can be done about this one, i know your right in many ways but in the case of this one its like trying to compare apples to apple

there is on the other hand a difference in the red hab compared to the Savina for sure they dont taste the same and the Savina is Hotter, i personally didn't see any difference between the white habs mentioned the flavor was exactly the same, but then again there are alot of habs that taste alike and are different species and name, again it just comes down to marketing sometimes but not all the time

thanks B.C. i was hoping there was someone else that would have a different point of view
and i will keep up the good work
thanks your friend Joe

Back