• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pests Have you done your pest check today???

Jeeez! I feel bad for you guys with all your pest probs! My ButchT was loosing tons of leaves, so I decided to spray it with some Bonide, Leaf drop has been almost non existent since :) I need to get a strong magnifying glass or microscope to check for mites in the near future.

Yeah, I'm alternating between bonide fruit and nut tree orchard spray (sulphur and pyrethin or whatever), bonide liquid copper, and ferrell #3 foliar feed on bi monthly rotation, an application of one of each every 5 days or so ...

coupled w/ less rain, the BLS is being slowed down and I think I'm handling the new aphid visitors ... they looked dead and ants had moved in this morning and I believe were carrying off the corpses and eggs ... I should check again later ...

also, I pick EVERY leaf w/ BLS spots, even if it's just a TINY spot ... you just have to, because you never know when it's going to rain, and when it does, that crud spreads readily - far and wide ...

I have to be careful too, though ... to spray the leaves in the morning before sun up, because the chemicals (usually crystallized) left behind really damage the leaves the following day when the 90F+ Florida sun beats down on 'em ...

Looking forward to the fall, w/ less rain, less intense heat, and less mosquitoes!

Back