• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Hawaiian advice or suggestions

Aloha kakahiaka,
Could any Hawaiian members please give me some advice on my 5 year old Plumeria plant?
Photo0014.jpg

I received this plant as a gift when it was a 6 inch stick.
Then last season I re-potted it,and after five years of just growing leaves and adding 6 more inches each year,it bloomed for the first time.
DSCF0098.jpg

An absolutely beautiful flower and sweet fragrance like none I've ever smelled before!
DSCF0095.jpg

The bloom grew out of a long spike that popped up seemingly over night, and then over the next couple weeks... the single stem/trunk of the plant, divided into three parts and began adding new leaves. Each of those new stems are now 5-6 inches long
DSCF0097.jpg

I was told by the relative who gave me the plant, that if you cut off one of the three stems and plant it in soil, it will sprout into another plant. I have searched for info to verify before doing so, but have not been able to locate anything reliable. I have become attached to this plant as if it were a pet...and I would hate to do anything that would damage or kill it.
That being said, at its current rate of growth, it only has about two or three more years before it will no longer fit inside my house in the winter.
Any advice...suggestions...or links will be greatly appreciated.
Mahalo nui loa
CM

I think you want to "clone" your plant, or take cuttings. Cloning is very easy, but heres an article specifically for your plant...
http://www.ehow.com/how_7359569_make-plumeria-cuttings.html

.....slow day at the office for me :lol:

I think you want to "clone" your plant, or take cuttings. Cloning is very easy, but heres an article specifically for your plant...
http://www.ehow.com/how_7359569_make-plumeria-cuttings.html

.....slow day at the office for me :lol:
Thanks man....
Thats exactly what I've been looking for.
I did a search several times on growing,....but never used "clone" in my description.(duh...)
I really appreciate your response....and benefiting from your slow day at the office.
CM

I don't know anything about Plumeria CM, but I do appreciate the instructional symbol on the five gallon bucket to the left. Certainly helps when potting up during "off" hours. :beer:

Cheers! :drunk:

I don't know anything about Plumeria CM, but I do appreciate the instructional symbol on the five gallon bucket to the left. Certainly helps when potting up during "off" hours. :beer:

Cheers! :drunk:
Hahaha...I'll bet you were a quick learner back in your school days.....Thanks,its so rewarding to be appreciated for those little things we do to make life easier for others.
CM

Back