• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Heartbreaking Dawns Mauvais Sang

Ingredients: Dorset Naga and Chocolate Habanero Puree, Cider Vinegar, Agave Nectar, Lime, Coriander, Natural Capsaicin, Sea Salt.

I've never been a fan of sauces with extract, but this stuff is awesome! The extract is noticeable, but the amount used, in proportion to the other ingredients, creates a pleasant flavor, in contrast to the annoying metallic aftertaste of other sauces with extract. Excellent amount of heat per portion, and the Agave is a more complex and mature sweetener than ordinary sugar. The lime is noticeable as well. I had some with my dinner, which consisted of a large bowl of pasta with butter and melted american cheese. I'm enough of a chilehead to be more than a toothpick sized portion kinda guy, but didn't need that much to heat up my meal. I had 2 servings of around 1/8th of 1 tablespoon each. The heat was concentrated on the tongue, no heat or pain in the back of the throat. The flavor, and a drop of heat remained on my tongue for a few minutes. I suspect the extract adds the extra oiliness, which causes the flavor to last longer.

Great stuff - One of my favorites!!

Back