• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review HeatAddicts Review of Jerret's Green Sauce #1

ThrowHeat

eXtreme

Some honest feedback for this review would be much appreciated. I know that this isn't a hot sauce you can buy, so some of you won't even be interested in watching it. That's completely understandable. I am just using this no name sauce review to test out some new improvements for our videos, and if they are well received, start including them in all future reviews.

People asked for us to start including close ups of the sauce. So we added them.
People asked for us to also start reviewing sauces with food. So we did that.

We want to be able to put out the best review vids that we possibly can, and to do that, we need feedback. What else can we add to our reviews that would make them better, in your opinion? What can we get rid of? Any input is welcome.

P.S. - My wife and I absolutely loved this sauce, and hopefully Jerret will be making more of it for others to try. The contrast of the heat with the cool, crisp taste was downright addictive.

Very nice. The close ups of the sauce are definitely a nice touch.

I don't know how hard it would be to orchestrate, but if you could get a close up of the sauce as it is pouring, that would go a long way in showing the consistency of it. But that might be kind of hard to get a good angle on...

Great review as always. You guys are good at keeping it entertaining.

I don't know how hard it would be to orchestrate, but if you could get a close up of the sauce as it is pouring, that would go a long way in showing the consistency of it. But that might be kind of hard to get a good angle on...

I don't think that would be very hard at all, actually. To film all the close ups only requires us filming some extra shots right before the review begins, as well as in between the initial review and followup. So including the pour in that wouldn't be an issue for us. I could even film the pour at 60fps, and then slow it down to 30fps when editing.

BTW, thanks for the feedback, guys. It is much appreciated.

I would recommend not slowing down the close up of it pouring - that would give a misleading sense of how thick the sauce is. Slowed down enough Tobasco could look like ketchup.

One suggestion is to expand your "foodie" vocabulary. I don't really consider myself a "foodie" in any sort of extreme way, but reviewers often speak in the same terms - notes of flavor and subtleties of taste. How strong do you taste one flavor over another, does it balance, what is the olfactory experience like while tasting it, etc. And since you've added food (which is a really helpful addition) how well does it compliment the food or does it overpower it?

also, get hot chicks in wet t-shirts to help with the reviews. 1,000,000 hits. Win.
:dance:

I would recommend not slowing down the close up of it pouring - that would give a misleading sense of how thick the sauce is. Slowed down enough Tobasco could look like ketchup.

Good point. I don't want to deceive people at all when it comes to the consistency of the sauces, and filming the pour at a high frame rate would only guarantee that.

It would not have been feasible to do this anyways though. I film the reviews in 1920x1080 at 30fps, but for 60fps, the resolution is only 1280x720. So I would have to sacrifice resolution quality just to add the slow mo pour to our videos. Really not worth it.

One suggestion is to expand your "foodie" vocabulary. I don't really consider myself a "foodie" in any sort of extreme way, but reviewers often speak in the same terms - notes of flavor and subtleties of taste. How strong do you taste one flavor over another, does it balance, what is the olfactory experience like while tasting it, etc. And since you've added food (which is a really helpful addition) how well does it compliment the food or does it overpower it?

I'm not really much of a foodie either. I am also very much a rookie when it comes to the realm of spicy foods. So I am learning all of this as I go along pretty much. To become an experienced reviewer, there is definitely going to be a lot of trial and error. But I know I will get there eventually. I just need to become more familiar with the tastes and smells of certain peppers, spices, etc. Once I am more knowledgeable in those areas, I will be able to more accurately describe what I am tasting/smelling.

We also need to come up with a much better rating system than what we have now for our reviews. Giving a 1-10 for flavor and heat just isn't cutting it. If we had a rating for the aroma, consistency, initial taste, aftertaste, initial burn, and afterburn, it would only give our viewers a better idea of what the sauces are like.

also, get hot chicks in wet t-shirts to help with the reviews. 1,000,000 hits. Win.
:dance:

I like the way you think! :dance:

Back