• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review HeatAddicts Review of Knepper's Peppers Seventh Circle

ThrowHeat

eXtreme

My wife and I reviewed Seventh Circle over the weekend, and it was quite the eye opening...err, eye watering experience. This was our very first sweet hot sauce review, our first Yellow 7 Pod anything, as well as the first sauce we have ever tried from Knepper's Peppers. And after how well it went over with the both of us, we are now determined to try the rest of the sauces that Brian makes. Seriously, thank you for opening our eyes to something new. Now we're HOOKED.

HEAT - 9 (Intense, but short-lived)
FLAVOR BY ITSELF - 8
FLAVOR w/ FOOD - 9
AROMA BY ITSELF - 7
AROMA w/ FOOD - 8

As you can tell from our rating for the sauce, it was alright by itself, but the flavor and aroma improved a great deal when added to food. Alone, the smell of the pepper dominated everything else. When we cooked with it though, the scents of pineapple and strawberry were able to shine through, which only improved the taste even more. Between the review and our dinner later that day, we wound up destroying about 90% of the bottle. This, right here, is the reason why we like to refer to ourselves as HeatAddicts. :dance:

Because we aren't recognized on here as official reviewers as of yet. My wife and I are still pretty new at this though, and have only been doing it for a couple of months. So we are still rookies. We aren't even at the level of the more experienced reviewers on THP.

After this one, I am very anxious to review the Piney Hab and HABermelon. Those are a couple of the sauces in our review queue for the next few weeks. I just need to figure out what foods we will be pairing them with. (I am open for suggestions, BTW.)

Also, whenever Brian makes more of the Tongue Wrapper, my wife and I will be reviewing that one on a couple slices of cheesecake. =P

Those are the ones I've tried. PineyHab, Habermelon & PineyHabExtreme (ow its hot)

I used the habermelon liberally and also as a marinade for tritip - it was amazing.

Marinade is where it's at, IMO. It brings out the fruity aroma a whole lot more than the smell of the sauce by itself, or at least that is what happened with the 7th Circle. I'm only assuming that the same would be true for the rest of Brian's sauces.

For the Piney Hab, I'm thinking it would go over really well on a slab of ham, with yams and green beans on the side. Then again, I think I could match that one up with pretty much anything.

Nothing like that endorphin rush.
Thanks for another idea to use it on :clap: as I am always looking for new things people like them on.
Great review. :D

This is the one sauce from Knepper's that I have not tried. I've tried I believe almost every other sauce.......hmmmmmm. Order coming soon? I will have to say that with the color being what it is, you contrasted it very will with that periwinkle/lavender color.

You guys do a great job reviewing the sauce. This has brought you to a whole new level of hot for hot sauce huh? Great Job.

Nothing like that endorphin rush.

Indeed. My wife's was a lot more intense though.

Thanks for another idea to use it on :clap: as I am always looking for new things people like them on.
Great review. :D

Oooh. Tell me more of this new idea. :clap:

And I'm glad you like the review, Brian. Thank you for sending these our way. Now my wife and I are hooked.

This is the one sauce from Knepper's that I have not tried. I've tried I believe almost every other sauce.......hmmmmmm. Order coming soon? I will have to say that with the color being what it is, you contrasted it very will with that periwinkle/lavender color.

You guys do a great job reviewing the sauce. This has brought you to a whole new level of hot for hot sauce huh? Great Job.

I don't think it was really a whole new level for us. But the combo of sweet fruit and spicy peppers in a sauce is something we are both very eager to try more of. :dance:

Back