• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

heatless 7-pot

Is there any such thing? I am looking for the same flavor profile, but lower on the heat scale. I was drying out some 7pots over the weekend and the GF said that for the first time they actually smelled good, but they would be waaaay to hot for her. Or is there another pepper that would fit the bill, like say Bonda ma Jacques? Haven't tried it yet but am trying to grow it this season...

Thanks in advance

Vince

There is the Trinidad Perfume that is supposed to be heatless. Not sure if it tastes like the 7 Pot (never had the Trindad Perfume before), but it's supposed to taste great.

[sup]Doesn't have to be heatless, just not in the 7pot range. If I remember last summer at one of the local farmers markets someone had a few perfumes...I will have to be on the lookout for them this summer to give the a try, thanks[/sup]

Trinidad perfume is void of heat (well It could be like 300-500) I grew them last year. They have more of a citrus flavor, closer to a habanero or Caribbean variety. I'm not aware of any pod that has a 7 flavor/aroma but looking for a cross might be a good place to start.

There is a pepper in Trinidad called Pimento pepper or Tobago seasoning,smells hot but no heat at all,it's very flavourful.In Trinidad they cook everything with this pepper..
Let me know if you want some..

If you happen to not be able to find anything heatless or close to it, I know a few people mention cutting peppers open, and massaging the blistery insides under running water. To the best of my knowledge, most of the capsaicin is stored within that blistery part of the flesh, compared to the common misconception that the seeds themselves hold all the heat. If nothing else just wear a pair of gloves and massage them under running water, or possibly boiling them might accomplish the same, getting a significant amount of the heat out. Hope this helps, but this topic also has made me curious to checking out the perfume varieties of peppers too.

aji dulce, trinidad perfume, trinidad seasoning, roberto's cuban seasoning, zavory- all have chinensis flavor with very little heat.

aji dulce pimento cheese is the shiznit.

Back