• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Heavy Metal Thread......list your faves

I figured with all the random heavy metal talk I keep seeing on threads that I'd try and bring some metal heads together on this post and see what people are listening to. Trying to bring it all to one place.

List your favorite bands, favorite album of 2009, and most anticipated upcoming albums, and whatever else you'd like to mention about what you're liking.

Here goes mine

Favorite bands:
Paradise Lost, Sentenced, Katatonia, Tiamat, Deicide, Pantera, Deathstars, Motley Crue, Testament, Amorphis, Danzig / Misfits, Anathema, Type O Negative, Faster Pussycat, Cattle Decapitation, Satyricon, Dimmu Borgir, Obituary, Opeth, Volbeat, Life of Agony, Megadeth

Favorite Album(s) of 2009:
Devildriver - Pray for Villains
Deathstars - Night Electric Night

Most anticipated upcoming albums:
Paradise Lost - Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us
Katatonia - Night is the New Day
Megadeth - Endgame

I don't see sepultura of Metallica on that list......I'm not a fan of the new metallica stuff, I like the old stuff......

Other than that I'm not a hugh metal fan....But I grew up listening to it every day cause my brother was...:)

Sepultura! They should definitely be on that list. I agree....I love old Metallica, and their newest Death Magnetic (aside from the production), but the 20 years in between kind of made me lose a bit of interest.

Ballzworth, you're the only other person I know who likes Opeth. Deliverance and Blackwater Park are 2 albums I just love. Walk by Pantera is one of the best songs ever recorded. Megadeth - F**king excellent - I loved So Far So Good So What? Hook in mouth is in my top 5 of all time.
My fave bands: Motorhead, Metallica, Prong, Rammstein, Offspring, Opeth, Gallows, G.B.H., Greenday, Slayer, Exodus, System of a down, Megadeth, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Hawkwind.

Badger, Yeah I don't know many Opeth fans either. It was Still Life and Blackwater Park that really got me into them (Blackwater is still my favorite album by them). Can't argue with old Megadeth either. I practically learned guitar to Rust In Peace and Metallica's Ride The Lightning. I'm also a huge fan of Youthanasia (which most Megadeth fans I don't think really like). Hook In Mouth? Great tune!

This gets weirder - I'm the only one I know who likes Youthanasia! Sure it was a bit of a dparture in style, but a damn good album all the same. Reckoning day and train of consequences are excellent songs. Blacwater park is my fave Opeth album too! Seperated at birth?

Badger said:
Seperated at birth?

ha ha, sounds like it. There are so many awesome songs on Youthanasia and I really can't understand why the Megadeth fans that I know don't like it!?? Their new album should be a good one. I've heard 2 of the songs off of it and I'm pretty impressed so far. This fall I've got some serious hot pepper harvesting coming up and lots of new metal albums! 2009 is going to end with a bang!

I can dig on most of what's posted above. Also dig The Sword's first album, but not the second one so much.

And I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Mastadon yet.

FiveStar said:
And I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Mastadon yet.

I recently got their newest album and I'm liking it a lot. They've definitely got something unique going on. I'm not overly familiar with their previous stuff. They remind me of a lighter version of Gojira kinda (French Death Metal). technical catchy stuff.

Don't see any TOOL on the lists. Gotta have some TOOL!
Maybe not HEAVY metal, but damn awesome.
Everyone has a bit of TOOL in them:lol:
I'm also really enjoying some Trivium (Aussie Metal)at the moment.

Micca

I may be a tool but I could never get into them. Trivium on the other hand...I'm loving their newest album.

Speaking of Aussie Metal, I love "I Killed The Prom Queen" (with Michael Crafter of course)!!

another couple o favs are brit bands (both now no longer)
Acid Reign and for a bloody good laugh The Macc Lads.
Dunno how many of you will have heard of them, i'm pretty sure Badger will have heard them

Gotta love Acid Reign - good oldschool no-nonsense thrashing.
Are the MaccLads still about? Haven't heard anything by them for ages.

Back